Posted to alt.home.repair

Default DWV elbow types???

Dear Readers,
Can anyone explain (or forward a faq) where I can find out more about
the intended use of the following type of elbow fittings:

1. 90deg Street Elbow
2. 90deg Street Closet Elbow
2. 90deg Closet Elbow
3. 90deg Long Turn Elbow
4. 90deg Long Turn Street Elbow

I saw these variations on a manufacturer's catalog (http://
www.nibco.com/assets/plasticfit.pdf) and am curious to learn more
about them all. Specifically, is the term "street" when the fitting
is male/female? Is there a special use for a "long turn" elbow?

Thanks,
-Theodore.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 26, 1:09 am, wrote:
Dear Readers,
Can anyone explain (or forward a faq) where I can find out more about
the intended use of the following type of elbow fittings:

1. 90deg Street Elbow
2. 90deg Street Closet Elbow
2. 90deg Closet Elbow
3. 90deg Long Turn Elbow
4. 90deg Long Turn Street Elbow

I saw these variations on a manufacturer's catalog (http://www.nibco.com/assets/plasticfit.pdf) and am curious to learn more
about them all. Specifically, is the term "street" when the fitting
is male/female? Is there a special use for a "long turn" elbow?

Thanks,
-Theodore.

Yes, street has one male and one female side. l Long turn are used
for drain portion for good flow and ease of snaking. Closet elbows
are for toilets.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 26, 9:37*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I'm not sure about closet elbows.

You're right, that a "streeter" has male and female ends. Long turn means a
more gentle arc. Since it's not slamming the water from one directon to
another, it produces much less resistance to the flow of water. I use long
turn / radius whenever possible.

I don't see long turn elbows explicitly called out in the building
code. I am assuming it is acceptable practice to use for toilet waste
piping?

Tennis elbow Eigenvector Home Repair 13 May 6th 07 02:40 AM
Turner's Elbow - what is it? Patrick Woodturning 5 September 19th 06 03:49 PM
To bend or to elbow? PM UK diy 38 February 2nd 06 07:31 AM
Wall Elbow Retaining Nut [email protected] UK diy 0 September 8th 05 10:46 PM
more power to their elbow Mike Dodd UK diy 0 September 3rd 05 08:34 AM