Posted to free.uk.diy.home,alt.home.repair
chaniarts chaniarts is offline

Default Two different ends of the gas elbow

hr(bob) wrote:
On Feb 19, 11:43 am, "john bently" wrote:
Just replacing the kitchen gas hob for a new one. It comes with a
right-angled pipe (an elbow), one end of which goes into the hob and
one end into the copper supply pipe.

The *threaded* part of one end of the right-angled pipe is about 4mm
longer than the threaded part of the other end.

Would it be the *longer* threaded part that goes into the hob or the
*shorter* threaded part?

Since I was supplied with a rubber washer to go into the hob
connection joint, should I use gas tape on both the threaded ends of
the right-angle pipe. Thanks for advice.

What is a hob?

uk-ese for kitchen stove