Posted to alt.home.repair
Ray Ray is offline

Default Legal question? ? ?

This is essentially a legal question -- if there are any lawyers out there
on alt.home.repair

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 19, 7:26 am, "Ray" wrote:
This is essentially a legal question -- if there are any lawyers out there
on alt.home.repair

Andy comments:

Try misc.legal.moderated Lots of lawyers there.....
Posted to alt.home.repair

Andy wrote in
:

On Feb 19, 7:26 am, "Ray" wrote:
This is essentially a legal question -- if there are any lawyers out
there on alt.home.repair

Andy comments:

Try misc.legal.moderated Lots of lawyers there.....

Can't be much of lawyers if they're not getting paid.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
Andy wrote in
:

On Feb 19, 7:26 am, "Ray" wrote:
This is essentially a legal question -- if there are any lawyers out
there on alt.home.repair

Andy comments:

Try misc.legal.moderated Lots of lawyers there.....

Can't be much of lawyers if they're not getting paid.

as opposed to people paid to answer posts on alt.home.repair?

oh, wait, i haven't received my payments for a couple months. does anyone
know who i contact for that?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 19, 7:26*am, "Ray" wrote:
This is essentially a legal question -- if there are any lawyers out there
on alt.home.repair

*A

Well the gas co estimated our building for 6 years then sent about a
US$ 50,000.00 bill because they finally read it, they settled for
35,000.00 or the gas would have been shut off, Lawyers you pay extra ,
and for what.

Read your own meter, pay now what you know you owe. How far off is
the reading now.

A new gas furnace can be 1/2 as much to run as a junker oil unit , or
maybe more. And now gas is super cheap for us compared to a year ago
and years ago, so, how far off is your reading from the meter, the
bill amount isnt the issue its your accurate reading now to what is on
the bill. Does reading say ACT for actual, or EST for estimate, its
common for estimates every other month.

Simply call in your correct reading every month, I do it online. Set
up an online account, I have many and am notified whan a reading is
due and its all done online in a few minutes.

If you dont pay whats owed on the bill you will pay interest, and
they will want a big big security deposit. If bill is to low pay what
you know you owe or they will stick you with interest.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ray Ray is offline

How could they possibly "stick us for interest" when we pay the amount they
bill us, and, further, when we have repeatedly told them that they are
under-billing us? I don't think there's a court in the land that would
uphold interest charges for incorrect billings by the gas company.

We are, however, putting money into escrow if they do try to hit us for a
delayed billing, as they did with you.

"ransley" wrote in message
On Feb 19, 7:26 am, "Ray" wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

"Ray" wrote in message
This is essentially a legal question -- if there are any lawyers out there
on alt.home.repair

I think the smartest thing to do would be to read the meter yourself and
mail the readings in. At least you can remove *that* variable.

Be sure you read the right meter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"ransley" wrote in message

On Feb 19, 7:26 am, "Ray" wrote:
[...]

you know you owe or they will stick you with interest.- Hide quoted text -

They can and will if its under read, Read it yourself and get them the
reading, quit relying on the new meter system that doesnt work, its
your bill, you use it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"chaniarts" wrote in
:

Red Green wrote:
Andy wrote in

:

On Feb 19, 7:26 am, "Ray" wrote:
This is essentially a legal question -- if there are any lawyers
out there on alt.home.repair

Andy comments:

Try misc.legal.moderated Lots of lawyers there.....

Can't be much of lawyers if they're not getting paid.

as opposed to people paid to answer posts on alt.home.repair?

oh, wait, i haven't received my payments for a couple months. does
anyone know who i contact for that?

Whad do ya means. Weez all gets a chek.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 19:29:24 -0600, Red Green
wrote:

"chaniarts" wrote in
:

Red Green wrote:
Andy wrote in

:

On Feb 19, 7:26 am, "Ray" wrote:
This is essentially a legal question -- if there are any lawyers
out there on alt.home.repair

Andy comments:

Try misc.legal.moderated Lots of lawyers there.....

Can't be much of lawyers if they're not getting paid.

as opposed to people paid to answer posts on alt.home.repair?

oh, wait, i haven't received my payments for a couple months. does
anyone know who i contact for that?

Whad do ya means. Weez all gets a chek.

Lucky you. I just got a *bill* for alt.home.repair advice, not a
check!

I did find out that 10% of lawyers graduate at the bottom of the
class. Same with doctors and pet psychologist.

Legal question Carmine Castiglia Metalworking 4 October 27th 05 11:13 PM
Legal question Chip Chester Metalworking 4 October 27th 05 11:18 AM
Legal question Dave Lyon Metalworking 8 October 27th 05 03:39 AM
Legal question Bob Engelhardt Metalworking 1 October 26th 05 06:45 PM
Legal question Christopher Tidy Metalworking 0 October 26th 05 03:34 PM