Posted to alt.home.repair

Default which floor finish is better?

Hi,

I got two comparable quotes for floors in my house. My house is a 70
year old colonial with antique red oak floors.

There is one big difference. One company uses

1 coat of Emulsion followed by 3 coats of StreetShoe (by basic coatings)
http://www.basiccoatings.com/SearchC...?ProdDispGrp=3

the other company uses

2 coats of Absco Polyurethane
Ahttp://www.harvesterfloors.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=harvester&Produ ct_Code=LL5ASAT

I hear that oil is better, but the other guy uses 4 coats.

Thank you so much in advance!

Sam

Posted to alt.home.repair

1 coat of Emulsion followed by 3 coats of StreetShoe (by basic coatings)http://www.basiccoatings.com/SearchC...temDetail.aspx...

the other company uses

2 coats of Absco Polyurethane
Ahttp://www.harvesterfloors.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Stor....

I hear that oil is better, but the other guy uses 4 coats.

Thank you so much in advance!

Sam

4 coats is better 2 just isnt enough since the first coat sinks in,
even the second coat doesnt lay on top fully. Oil Poly yellows , water
base doesnt, who says oil is better, ive seen 2 coat jobs and they
look bad and wont last but a few years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

carolyny476 wrote:
responding to
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...er-425355-.htm
carolyny476 wrote:

Sam Takoy wrote:

Hi,

I got two comparable quotes for floors in my house. My house is a 70
year old colonial with antique red oak floors.

There is one big difference. One company uses

1 coat of Emulsion followed by 3 coats of StreetShoe (by basic
coatings)

http://www.basiccoatings.com/SearchC...?ProdDispGrp=3

the other company uses

2 coats of Absco Polyurethane

Ahttp://www.harvesterfloors.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=harvester&Produ ct_Code=LL5ASAT

I hear that oil is better, but the other guy uses 4 coats.

Thank you so much in advance!

Sam

Thanks you for the post.

So tell the second guy to put on four coats.

Floor finish hebintn Home Repair 1 April 30th 07 10:51 PM
Garage Floor Finish John Hayes Home Repair 6 March 7th 07 04:33 PM
hardest floor finish rarewolf Home Repair 2 November 12th 06 05:15 PM
what finish for my floor swuzan Woodworking 16 October 19th 05 05:36 PM
What finish for my Jatoba Floor Cyrille de Brébisson Woodworking 2 October 6th 05 12:49 AM