Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage Floor Finish

What is a good sealer/finisher for a concrete garage floor, And what
prep is recommended. Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 6, 5:29 pm, John Hayes wrote:
What is a good sealer/finisher for a concrete garage floor, And what
prep is recommended. Thanks!

epoxy 2 part is the best but has a lot of fumes,very durable

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 6, 6:42 pm, wrote:
On Mar 6, 5:29 pm, John Hayes wrote:

What is a good sealer/finisher for a concrete garage floor, And what
prep is recommended. Thanks!

epoxy 2 part is the best but has a lot of fumes,very durable

acid etching the concrete does lift out loose debris and most oil
residue but if not rinsed well enough will keep anything from
adhearing to it, there is a citrus acid i strongly recomend you can
find at lowes, homedepot, and some hardware stores, get a good stiff
bristled brush scrub the cleaner in, in about a 5'x5' area rinse and
do the next 5x5 etc... try to keep it clean as it dries and you can go
by its apperance or you can do the moisture test tape a piece of
plastic down on the floor
if there is know moisture within2-4 hours you'll be good, note; some
epoxy's dry very quick depending on the ambient temp. stay busy
have fun.
howell mi.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"John Hayes" wrote in message
link.net...
What is a good sealer/finisher for a concrete garage floor, And what prep
is recommended. Thanks!

I did the Rustoleum Professional solvent-based epoxy on my garage floor. I
prepped with a strong muratic acid wash, then let dry for a few days prior
to application. Wear a respirator when applying this stuff, the fumes are
nasty. The water-base epoxy is cheaper and doesn't have the issues with
fumes, but it is less durable than the solvent base epoxy.

I also applied the clear-coat as well. I have found this epoxy to be very
durable. Car tires are not an issue.

Posted to alt.home.repair

John Hayes wrote:
What is a good sealer/finisher for a concrete garage floor, And what
prep is recommended. Thanks!

The best is the one that was put on while following the prep
instructions exactly. All others are junk!

After that I would look for a two part epoxy.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 6, 7:29 pm, John Hayes wrote:
What is a good sealer/finisher for a concrete garage floor, And what
prep is recommended. Thanks!

i used Sears water based epoxy on my new garage floor (wintertime - no
fumes) and the only complaint might be poor coverage making it very
pricey, and non-skid sand inclusion which I do not like. The plus side
is the recommended cleaner is included in the package. On other
projects I like Sherwin-Williams solvent based even with the acid etch
and dry hassle. Actually lower cost per square foot than others. HTH

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

Joe wrote:
On Mar 6, 7:29 pm, John Hayes wrote:
What is a good sealer/finisher for a concrete garage floor, And what
prep is recommended. Thanks!

i used Sears water based epoxy on my new garage floor (wintertime - no
fumes) and the only complaint might be poor coverage making it very
pricey, and non-skid sand inclusion which I do not like. The plus side
is the recommended cleaner is included in the package. On other
projects I like Sherwin-Williams solvent based even with the acid etch
and dry hassle. Actually lower cost per square foot than others. HTH

Joe

thanks everybody for assistance

JH