Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Repairing Gopher grabbers

Gopher grabbers use rubber suction cups held on with sheet metal
screws. I have some that have the screws pulled out. The hole that
the screw goes into is now too big to hold the screw.

What can I use to fill in the hole so that it can hold the screw
again? Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Daniel Prince wrote:
Gopher grabbers use rubber suction cups held on with sheet metal
screws. I have some that have the screws pulled out. The hole that
the screw goes into is now too big to hold the screw.

What can I use to fill in the hole so that it can hold the screw
again? Thank you in advance for all replies.

Use bolt/nut instead of screw (assuming it's a thru hole)

Alternatively, perhaps pop rivet.

Or just go w/ larger screw size in existing hole

Posted to alt.home.repair

Daniel Prince wrote:
Gopher grabbers use rubber suction cups held on with sheet metal
screws. I have some that have the screws pulled out. The hole that
the screw goes into is now too big to hold the screw.

What can I use to fill in the hole so that it can hold the screw
again? Thank you in advance for all replies.

A washer

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 5, 9:56*am, "dadiOH" wrote:
Daniel Prince wrote:
Gopher grabbers use rubber suction cups held on with sheet metal
screws. *I have some that have the screws pulled out. *The hole that
the screw goes into is now too big to hold the screw.

What can I use to fill in the hole so that it can hold the screw
again? *Thank you in advance for all replies.

A washer

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
Get it athttp://mysite.verizon.net/xico

A washer won't fill in the hole, a machine screw and nut should do the
trick.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Daniel Prince" wrote in message
Gopher grabbers use rubber suction cups held on with sheet metal
screws. I have some that have the screws pulled out. The hole that
the screw goes into is now too big to hold the screw.

What can I use to fill in the hole so that it can hold the screw
again? Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
REALLY good. I'll have some of that!"

If it is a dead end hole. Fill with JB Weld and insert screw and let it set
up hard. WW

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm interested in what type of trap you are speaking of.

Can you post a pic or a site where I can see this mechanism?

I use the $4 spring trap variety on pocket gophers here, and have gotten
quite good at trapping them.

Steve