Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Chainsaw sharpening

I have read about sharpening chainsaws, and it all runs from simple to
"you could put yer eye out, Kid!"

I have a craftsman device that holds the proper angle, but am looking for
the manual or download. Husky provided a simple thing that is about one
inch cube that lines it up pretty close.

I have seen, and have heard people say that once you get the angle right,
it's just a matter of a few strokes. I also need to find that little cube
to set the rakers, and make sure they are not too high.

What's the short answer for DIY saw sharpening?

Steve