Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Building a showerpan?

Can someone describe or link to a description of how to build a waterproof
showerpan with the least difficulty and cost?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pat wrote:
Can someone describe or link to a description of how to build a
waterproof showerpan with the least difficulty and cost?

http://www.ontariotile.com/preslope.html

Google "mud set shower pan"

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote

| On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 00:21:16 -0600, "Pat"
| wrote:
|
| Can someone describe or link to a description of how to build a
waterproof
| showerpan with the least difficulty and cost?
|
| Least difficult is to buy a plastic one preformed

We want ceramic tile on it, so this won't work.

| If you are making one from mud

What do you mean by "mud" - concrete? Won't that be too heavy with ceramic
tile on top of it?

Is there any other way?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Can someone describe or link to a description of how to build a
waterproof showerpan with the least difficulty and cost?

Least difficult is to buy a plastic one preformed

We want ceramic tile on it, so this won't work.

If you are making one from mud

What do you mean by "mud" - concrete? Won't that be too heavy with
ceramic tile on top of it?

Is there any other way?

Showerpans are commonly made from a very dry mix of sand and cement for tiling.
Yes, it's heavy, but that is the way it's done. See my other post to find more
info.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pat" wrote in message
et...
Can someone describe or link to a description of how to build a waterproof
showerpan with the least difficulty and cost?

Hire a pro and watch him....First you need to be sure the floor will hold
it...NOT a DIY project to start out with IMHO...HTH...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Can someone describe or link to a description of how to build a
waterproof showerpan with the least difficulty and cost?

I built ours by constructing a sloped mud bed, then using "Kerdi"
waterproofing membrane and the associated drain. It's not necessarily the
least expensive, but it's a great system.

You can find lots of advice, information, and examples on the John Bridge
tiling forum. Here's a link on that forum to my tiling project:

http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=12876

My mud bed shower pan starts around page 3 of that thread.

Good luck,

Anthony
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Pat
wrote:

Can someone describe or link to a description of how to build a waterproof
showerpan with the least difficulty and cost?

I bought this e-book from Tim Carter a few years ago when I built my
shower pan. Best $15 I ever spent. The project went real smooth.

http://www.askthebuilder.com/EB004_S...loor_EBook.sht
ml

or

http://tinyurl.com/yfbbwzp