Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Default Running 2 TV sets off one satellite receiver box?

Hello,

I am in Canada and have a Bell expressview system. I have three TV
sets in the house with a dual receiver box for two TV's and a single
receiver for another TV in the bedroom... I am building my wife a hobby room
and I want to run a forth TV set in there for her... I am trying to figure
how to run a splitter from one receiver to a second TV set... I don't care
if we have to run half ways across the house to change channels on the other
TV set...I just want channels on this TV set without having to go purchase
another freaking box... Certainly is not as easy as cable... anybody done
this? Thanks... Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 28, 5:30�pm, "Jim" nospam@wherever wrote:
Hello,

� � � I am in Canada and have a Bell expressview system. I have three TV
sets in the house with a dual receiver box for two TV's and a single
receiver for another TV in the bedroom... I am building my wife a hobby room
and I want to run a forth TV set in there for her... I am trying to figure
how to run a splitter from one receiver to a second TV set... I don't care
if we have to run half ways across the house to change channels on the other
TV set...I just want channels on this TV set without having to go purchase
another freaking box... Certainly is not as easy as cable... anybody done
this? � Thanks... Jim

I've never did it, but I would think all you need is a splitter
between the box and TV, then to the other TV. But both TV's will be on
the same channel as the box is set to. Have you tried that?

Hank
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hustlin' Hank wrote:
[...]

That's what I did with my Dish Network setup. I had a small TV in
the bedroom. Setting the second TV remote to run the receiver let me
run the receiver from both places.
Oh, almost forgot. I needed a remote control extender to run the
receiver from the other room. Bunches of them for sale on Ebay.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Interesting about the "remote extender". I had never heard of that, and
will have to look into it. I also have DN, with one receiver and plan on
doing the same thing. A few years ago my, uncle was recovering from back
surgery and he hooked the bedroom TV to the living room receiver and
rigged a mirror up so that he could aim the remote at the mirror and it
would hit the receiver. If someone can give more details on the remote
extender I would be very grateful. I am alone most of the time, so there
is no need to have TV's on different stations at the same time. Thanks
Larry

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

"Jim" nospam@wherever wrote in message
Hello,

I am in Canada and have a Bell expressview system. I have three TV
sets in the house with a dual receiver box for two TV's and a single
receiver for another TV in the bedroom... I am building my wife a hobby
room
and I want to run a forth TV set in there for her... I am trying to figure
how to run a splitter from one receiver to a second TV set... I don't care
if we have to run half ways across the house to change channels on the
other
TV set...I just want channels on this TV set without having to go purchase
another freaking box... Certainly is not as easy as cable... anybody done
this? Thanks... Jim

Thank-you group...I apologize but did not really understand what I had
running around in my crawl space....used a splitetr where I figured it
woiuld go and I got a TV signal in the room of question....Thanks
group....my apologies and please disregard... alll the best... Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

Lp1331 1p1331 wrote:
Interesting about the "remote extender". I had never heard of that, and
will have to look into it. I also have DN, with one receiver and plan on
doing the same thing. A few years ago my, uncle was recovering from back
surgery and he hooked the bedroom TV to the living room receiver and
rigged a mirror up so that he could aim the remote at the mirror and it
would hit the receiver. If someone can give more details on the remote
extender I would be very grateful. I am alone most of the time, so there
is no need to have TV's on different stations at the same time. Thanks
Larry

The unit I bought was made by RCA. There is a transmitter and
receiver. The transmitter changes the infrared signal from the remote
control to a radio signal that can travel through walls. The receiving
part changes the radio signal back to infrared that the satellite
receiver will read.
Some samples here at Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/y9fg4tn
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim wrote:
Hello,

I am in Canada and have a Bell expressview system. I have three TV
sets in the house with a dual receiver box for two TV's and a single
receiver for another TV in the bedroom... I am building my wife a hobby room
and I want to run a forth TV set in there for her... I am trying to figure
how to run a splitter from one receiver to a second TV set... I don't care
if we have to run half ways across the house to change channels on the other
TV set...I just want channels on this TV set without having to go purchase
another freaking box... Certainly is not as easy as cable... anybody done
this? Thanks... Jim

If their receivers work like the dual-receiver Dish box I have, split
away to your heart's content. I have 1 TV on receiver one, and (lemme
count) 5 TVs + a couple VCRs on receiver 2, including the junk TV in
the basement that hasn't been fired up in over a year, that I plugged in
to test while I was fussing with the splitter connections. I bought
several extra RF remotes off ebay to minimize running around. I really
need to label them- if I absent-mindedly carry one between rooms, it
won't operate the different-brand TV in the wrong room. These are RF
connections over coax. Does the ATT box provide that, or is it
component-only connections?

--
aem, not really a tv addict, sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 19:20:11 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

Lp1331 1p1331 wrote:
[...]

FYI. Some cable boxes use a different freqency to modulate their
infrared remotes. *Some* of the remote extenders won't work with
those remotes. I'm not sure if satellite receivers have those odd
frequencies or not. I just thought I would mention this in case you
get a cheap extender from ebay and have problems. In my case,
everything worked through the remote extender except the Scientific
Atlanta cable box. (It would actually work, too, if I stood within a
few feet of the extender). I ended up buying a high end extender from
an audiophile store... expensive, but it always works.