Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can Someone please help me with my Computer stuff? 95948

"Virgina Hernandez" wrote in message
. ..
I use the computer and the Net on a regular basis but I don't know a whole
lot about it all, especially when it gets technical. I have an Acer Aspire
AM5100-U5300A. I would like to speed this computer up, I would like a very
good grasphics card without spending a fortune. Once I find out what I need
I willo just go to ebay but I don't know what kind of meory, cards and such
are compaitble with my machine. Help please.

Virgina

http://ipods-imacs.com

uMHrJrhvtPeyGbrVITaBPd.zM

I don't know the machine, but it may just have a slow processor and limited
memory, which are not worth replacing. If it was once fast, but has slowed
down, the repair is not a matter of installing or upgrading hardware, but
software related issues, in which case a clean install of the operating
system might help. You would have to backup everything first.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 15:24:34 -0500, "RBM" wrote:

"Virgina Hernandez" wrote in message
I use the computer and the Net on a regular basis but I don't know a whole
lot about it all, especially when it gets technical. I have an Acer Aspire
AM5100-U5300A. I would like to speed this computer up, I would like a very
good grasphics card without spending a fortune. Once I find out what I need
I willo just go to ebay but I don't know what kind of meory, cards and such
are compaitble with my machine. Help please.

alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 27, 3:24*pm, "RBM" wrote:
[...]

This is a.h.r.

You need to go to HF and buy one of their mutifunction tools. First
print out a coupon which can be found he

http://www.harborfreight.com/hftusa/...mos/popsci.pdf

Cut an access panel in the side of the PC and install blocking so you
can hang your kitchen cabinets from it, or install a full sheet of
plywood so you don't have to search for the blocking later. Search
this NG for the correct size screws to use, ensuring the bit matches
the screw head.

Paint the case with Sherwinn Williams (sic) paint, after hosing off
*most* of the dirt. No real prep needed, you can blame the paint
itself when it peels off next year.

Drill one hole in the front for the Magic Jack and another in the back
for the ungrounded three prong receptacle which will be protected by a
upstream GFCI - the one you'll forget about when the receptacle in the
PC stops working. When that happens, post back here and we'll remind
you about the GFCI. BTW...it's up to you whether you mount the
receptacle with the ground prong up or down. The jury is still out on
that one.

Finally, attach the PC to your plumbing system by running a string
from the keyboard cord to the CPVC pipe that you installed by applying
glue to the threaded fittings and can't figure out why you couldn't
screw it all the way in.

Come on back if you need any more assistance.

Posted to alt.home.repair

RBM wrote:
"Virgina Hernandez" wrote in message
. ..
I use the computer and the Net on a regular basis but I don't know a whole
lot about it all, especially when it gets technical. I have an Acer Aspire
AM5100-U5300A. I would like to speed this computer up, I would like a very
good grasphics card without spending a fortune. Once I find out what I need
I willo just go to ebay but I don't know what kind of meory, cards and such
are compaitble with my machine. Help please.

http://www.simpletech.com/upgrades/a...4400plus22ghz/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 27, 4:03*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
clipped
Come on back if you need any more assistance.

Very well said.