Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Identify this piece of hardware

David Nebenzahl wrote:
See attached pic (small GIF).

I've found two of these the last few days, one small (~1"), the other
several times larger. Just wondering what the proper name for them is.

(Please disregard mis-drawn left-hand threads.)

Hmmm,
Something to do with a turn buckle?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/8/2010 9:28 PM Tony Hwang spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

See attached pic (small GIF).

I've found two of these the last few days, one small (~1"), the other
several times larger. Just wondering what the proper name for them is.

(Please disregard mis-drawn left-hand threads.)

Hmmm,
Something to do with a turn buckle?

Hmmm, not even close.

- a Usenet "apology"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 08 Jan 2010 22:28:02 -0700, Tony Hwang
wrote:

David Nebenzahl wrote:
See attached pic (small GIF).

I've found two of these the last few days, one small (~1"), the other
several times larger. Just wondering what the proper name for them is.

(Please disregard mis-drawn left-hand threads.)

Hmmm,
Something to do with a turn buckle?

You are in the right area. It's a common threaded shackle pin, used
with a shackle for wire rigging and chains.

Posted to alt.home.repair

David Nebenzahl wrote:

See attached pic (small GIF).

I've found two of these the last few days, one small (~1"), the other
several times larger. Just wondering what the proper name for them is.

(Please disregard mis-drawn left-hand threads.)

Hmmm,
Something to do with a turn buckle?

Hmmm, not even close.

Actually, he is VERY close.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 17:37:16 -0600, "DanG" wrote:

I usually never participate in any of the name calling, but for
any that would like to see turnbuckles with many different ends
including clevis ends, you might look he
http://www.kingsnaps.net/

OK- now you did it. What do you use their "Spring Hook" SHH-06 for?
They come in stainless, so I suspect marine use-- but I've never seen
anything like it.
[in the picture on the linked page it is the big wire thing on the
left side of the pic.- just above the clevised turnbuckle]

Jim