Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Default Higher SEER = More Problems? Worth it?

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 03:30:24 +0000, jzjz wrote:

jzjz had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...it-118073-.htm
:
I agree. This 30+ Year contractor is just running his mouth without
really thinking. He probably lives in a little house with $100 a month
ac/heating bills. If you have a small heating or AC bill, than cutting a
small bill in 1/2 won't help pay it back very fast.

However I have a huge problem. I have 5500 square feet and I'm seeing $500
to $600 bills with this piece of junk 12 seer york I have. If those bills
were cut in 1/2 it would save about $250 a month. It would pay for itself
in about 2 years. There's at least $5000 a year spend on heating an air
conditioning here and it's an electric nightmare. Back when electric was
more affordable it wasn't too bad. But they raised our electric rates by
over 60% in one year!

Thanks to the illegitimate president we now have you can look forward to
even larger increases in the near future.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Supposing he'd been a US born natural Democrat. Would that
make anyone feel better?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Michael Dobony" wrote in
message .. .

in about 2 years. There's at least $5000 a year spend on
heating an air
conditioning here and it's an electric nightmare. Back
when electric was
more affordable it wasn't too bad. But they raised our
electric rates by
over 60% in one year!

Thanks to the illegitimate president we now have you can
look forward to
even larger increases in the near future.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Supposing he'd been a US born natural Democrat. Would that
make anyone feel better?

Our very first Affirmative Action President? We hope to
have some change left after he's gone.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

I doubt we will. Me, for one, don't feel very stimulated by
all the spending. Where do I sign up for free money?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote