Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Trimming around interior door

I just installed a new pre-hung door in the upstairs bedroom I am
remodeling. I've got it in nice and level and square and it works
great.

My trouble is that at the bottom of the door the door jamb will be
just even with the drywall but the top of the jamb is even with the
wall frame. The only thing I can figure is that I need to take a long
piece of 1/2 x 1/2 and cut it into a long wedge and install it on the
door jamb to make the whole thing about even with the drywall.

Is this the way it is done or is there something easier?

Thanks, David

Trimming a door to fit Daniel Prince Home Repair 25 July 7th 08 02:41 PM
Trimming a door Jay Kellaway Woodworking 7 January 31st 07 02:33 AM
Trimming door Stephen UK diy 4 December 23rd 05 10:54 AM
Door trimming saw GB UK diy 9 March 22nd 05 08:44 AM
Hanging/Trimming Door Slab Buck Turgidson Woodworking 12 April 30th 04 06:32 PM