Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Class? Class?

Steve B wrote:
My spelcheckr is stuck in French, and that is the only language it offers on
the drop down. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932974
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:02:38 -0800, Steve B wrote:

My spelcheckr is stuck in French, and that is the only language it offers on
the drop down. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Telling folk the OS, application and sellchecker that you use would be
useful, you know...

Posted to alt.home.repair

My spelcheckr is stuck in French, and that is the only language it offers on
the drop down. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message
My spelcheckr is stuck in French, and that is the only language it offers
on the drop down. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Steve

Oui, c'est facile

Easy work-around
Type your text as usual. Then select and copy it, paste into Google
translator. Translate to French, then spell check. Translate back to
English and print.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"Steve B" wrote in message
My spelcheckr is stuck in French, and that is the only language it offers
on the drop down. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Steve

Oui, c'est facile

Easy work-around
Type your text as usual. Then select and copy it, paste into Google
translator. Translate to French, then spell check. Translate back to
English and print.

That, or move to France.

Or hire a cute little French maid to help you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 15, 1:10*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Steve B" wrote in message

My spelcheckr is stuck in French, and that is the only language it offers
on the drop down. *Any ideas on how to fix it?

Steve

Oui, c'est facile

Easy work-around
Type your text as *usual. *Then select and copy it, paste into Google
translator. Translate to French, then spell check. *Translate back to
English and print.

Obviously facetious answer but in fact trying to work with Word or
where ever in MS you need to do this, your solution is probably
quicker
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Chuck" wrote in message
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"Steve B" wrote in message
My spelcheckr is stuck in French, and that is the only language it
offers on the drop down. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Steve

Oui, c'est facile

Easy work-around
Type your text as usual. Then select and copy it, paste into Google
translator. Translate to French, then spell check. Translate back to
English and print.

That, or move to France.

Or hire a cute little French maid to help you.

Maid. Good. Discussion over.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
My spelcheckr is stuck in French, and that is the only language it
offers on the drop down. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Steve

This phenomenon has been around since Office 2007 first came out. You really
should keep up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jules wrote:
On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:02:38 -0800, Steve B wrote:

My spelcheckr is stuck in French, and that is the only language it
offers on the drop down. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Telling folk the OS, application and sellchecker that you use would be
useful, you know...

You mean there is more than one spellchecker application? ;-

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

"Steve B" wrote in message
My spelcheckr is stuck in French, and that is the only language it
offers on the drop down. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Steve

Oui, c'est facile

Easy work-around
Type your text as usual. Then select and copy it, paste into Google
translator. Translate to French, then spell check. Translate back to
English and print.

Sorta like those xxx-EASY payments in those TV junk ads.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Installed the Live whatever. Still stuck in French.

sigh .......

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message ...
Installed the Live whatever. Still stuck in French.

sigh .......

Maybe this? http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2006/20061228.htm .....Paul

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
Installed the Live whatever. Still stuck in French.

sigh .......

"Live" doesn't have anything to do with it. Outlook (or OE) uses the spell
checker provided with Word. With Word 2007 and beyond (Office for XP, etc.),
the only spell checker is the French one (Legal reasons to allow Office to
be sold in France). If you want a spell-checker, there are ways...

Google is not necessarily your friend, but may be in this one instance.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Steve B wrote:
Installed the Live whatever. Still stuck in French.

sigh .......

"Live" doesn't have anything to do with it. Outlook (or OE) uses the spell
checker provided with Word. With Word 2007 and beyond (Office for XP,
etc.), the only spell checker is the French one (Legal reasons to allow
Office to be sold in France). If you want a spell-checker, there are
ways...

What??? You're saying there IS no English spell checker for Word 2007,
purchased and installed in the USA?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 07:19:54 -0500, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Steve B wrote:
Installed the Live whatever. Still stuck in French.

sigh .......

"Live" doesn't have anything to do with it. Outlook (or OE) uses the
spell
checker provided with Word. With Word 2007 and beyond (Office for XP,
etc.), the only spell checker is the French one (Legal reasons to allow
Office to be sold in France). If you want a spell-checker, there are
ways...

What??? You're saying there IS no English spell checker for Word 2007,
purchased and installed in the USA?

No, dopey. The problem is that the upgrade install of Office 2007
replaces the old spell check libraries for English, French and German,
with new ones that are incompatible with Outlook.

I don't think that is SteveB's problem at all.

Steve's problem is that he can't name the software he's referring to. Either
that or my news server has missed an important message from him.

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
Steve B wrote:
Installed the Live whatever. Still stuck in French.

sigh .......

"Live" doesn't have anything to do with it. Outlook (or OE) uses the
spell checker provided with Word. With Word 2007 and beyond (Office
for XP, etc.), the only spell checker is the French one (Legal
reasons to allow Office to be sold in France). If you want a
spell-checker, there are ways...

What??? You're saying there IS no English spell checker for Word
2007, purchased and installed in the USA?

No, I'm saying MS-Word doesn't COME with an English language spell-checker.

This deficiency, however, is a tempest-in-a-teapot for us. Posters on this
group are erudite and accomplished. The occasional misspelling is, without
question, due to a typographical error, not ignorance.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
Steve B wrote:
Installed the Live whatever. Still stuck in French.

sigh .......

"Live" doesn't have anything to do with it. Outlook (or OE) uses the
spell checker provided with Word. With Word 2007 and beyond (Office
for XP, etc.), the only spell checker is the French one (Legal
reasons to allow Office to be sold in France). If you want a
spell-checker, there are ways...

What??? You're saying there IS no English spell checker for Word
2007, purchased and installed in the USA?

No, I'm saying MS-Word doesn't COME with an English language
spell-checker.

This deficiency, however, is a tempest-in-a-teapot for us. Posters on this
group are erudite and accomplished. The occasional misspelling is, without
question, due to a typographical error, not ignorance.

When Steve provides more details about his problem, we'll know if this
really is his problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 13:43:17 -0800, Jon Danniken wrote:

Jules wrote:
On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:02:38 -0800, Steve B wrote:

My spelcheckr is stuck in French, and that is the only language it
offers on the drop down. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Telling folk the OS, application and sellchecker that you use would be
useful, you know...

You mean there is more than one spellchecker application? ;-

Well, there's certainly a choice of spell-checking back ends under Linux,
and different apps can be configured to use different ones - so yes,
quoting the exact configuration is important. Windows is doubtless less
flexible, but the OP didn't originally say that they were using Windows
(they presumably have now, given the number of posts about Office 2007!)

.... which reminds me, I really must fix spell-checking in Openoffice; it
broke in an upgrade about 6 months ago and I've not got around to
fixing it yet :-)

cheers

Jules

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jules wrote:
On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:02:38 -0800, Steve B wrote:

My spelcheckr is stuck in French, and that is the only language it
offers on the drop down. Any ideas on how to fix it?
Telling folk the OS, application and sellchecker that you use would be
useful, you know...

You mean there is more than one spellchecker application? ;-

Well, there's certainly a choice of spell-checking back ends under Linux,
and different apps can be configured to use different ones - so yes,
quoting the exact configuration is important. Windows is doubtless less
flexible, but the OP didn't originally say that they were using Windows

I assumed he was talking about the machine we was posting from, which
claimed:

(they presumably have now, given the number of posts about Office 2007!)

... which reminds me, I really must fix spell-checking in Openoffice; it
broke in an upgrade about 6 months ago and I've not got around to
fixing it yet :-)

cheers

Jules

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote

When Steve provides more details about his problem, we'll know if this
really is his problem.

I googled French language Microsoft OE fix, and got all kinds of stuff.
Seems like Microsoft is aware of the problem. I uninstalled '07 and
reinstalled '00, and it works fine now. I only use Word off that program
anyway.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote

When Steve provides more details about his problem, we'll know if
this really is his problem.

I googled French language Microsoft OE fix, and got all kinds of
stuff. Seems like Microsoft is aware of the problem. I uninstalled
'07 and reinstalled '00, and it works fine now. I only use Word off
that program anyway.

It's not a Microsoft PROBLEM. Eliminating the English spell-checker was
intentional, therefore it is a FEATURE.

No charge.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote

When Steve provides more details about his problem, we'll know if
this really is his problem.

I googled French language Microsoft OE fix, and got all kinds of
stuff. Seems like Microsoft is aware of the problem. I uninstalled
'07 and reinstalled '00, and it works fine now. I only use Word off
that program anyway.

Why didn't you simply install one of about 200 free spell-checkers? I use
TinySpell and it spell-checks everything (Notepad, file-names, Word,
Outlook, Excel, everything.). Admittedly, it sometimes gets in the way when
programming. For example, it fusses when I use WAtermelon-U-8-1-2-Green to
represent "Net Pay This Period".

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote

Why didn't you simply install one of about 200 free spell-checkers?

Because I am on a campaign to simplify my life.

Posted to alt.home.repair

According to Bergen record news paper, and I "Quote" You are not alone.
This problem affects all who continue to use Outlook Express after
installing Office 2007,
which uses language modules that are incompatible with the aging e-mail
program.
It is possible to solved the problem with down loading Windows live E-Mail.
(By the way which I do not like!)

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Steve B wrote:
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote

When Steve provides more details about his problem, we'll know if
this really is his problem.

I googled French language Microsoft OE fix, and got all kinds of
stuff. Seems like Microsoft is aware of the problem. I uninstalled
'07 and reinstalled '00, and it works fine now. I only use Word off
that program anyway.

It's not a Microsoft PROBLEM. Eliminating the English spell-checker was
intentional, therefore it is a FEATURE.

No charge.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Grumpy" wrote in message
According to Bergen record news paper, and I "Quote" You are not alone.
This problem affects all who continue to use Outlook Express after
installing Office 2007,
which uses language modules that are incompatible with the aging e-mail
program.
It is possible to solved the problem with down loading Windows live
E-Mail.
(By the way which I do not like!)

I sell copies of Office 2000 to anyone who wants it, for $20.00. :-) Works
like a charm, no spell check problems.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Je ne croient que personne n'a signaler encore une réponse à ceci en
Français. Il serait très drôle. Est-ce qu'en outre, pourquoi personne
n'a indiqué l'affiche que c'est l'endroit faux pour sa question?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 15, 10:02*am, "Steve B" wrote:
My spelcheckr is stuck in French, and that is the only language it offers on
the drop down. *Any ideas on how to fix it?

Steve

Don't use those abominations. Learn to spell. Spell checkers are
limited in their ability to analyze and respond.