Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Compressor watts, as function of discharge PSI

Can't remember if it was this list. The question was raised,
does compressor amperage decrease as pressure increases. I
set up an informal test, using equipment on hand. Plugged in
a Kill A Watt meter, and set it to read watts consumption.
Plug in my 3 HP Harbor Freight pancake compressor.

I turned on the compressor, and noted the reading as the
pressure went from 0 PSI to 100 PSI. The readings are as
follows:

PSI -WATTS
95 - 248 (wasn't sure the compressor would make it to 100)
100 - 250

Hope the information is of some use to someone. If nothing
else, it used a few minutes of my afternoon.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus