Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dishwasher / Garbage Disposal Drain / Can Opener Mystery

Yesterday I was confronted by a brand new ( 1 year old) Bosch
dishwasher that was not completely draining. It had been installed in
an older home (+ 25 years).

I ran through a wash cycle and the water gushed into the GD but the GD
started to fill up a bit. Ran the GD but no improvement.

Killed the machine & decided to break open the trap that the GD feed
into. Trap was clean (no food waste / grease / soap gunk) EXCEPT
for an old style can / bottle opener (aka church key) !!!!

The sink is a double sink. The dishwasher feeds into the GD. The GD
output goes into the only trap. The second sink drain feeds into the
GD output just above the single trap.

Obviously the church key did not pass through the GD. I checked the
second sink drain opening but the slots in the drain did not open to
accept the church key.

The church key was a bit rusting indicated that it had been there a
while (maybe a couple years).

I'm stumped about how it got there.

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

DD_BobK wrote:
[...]

Church keys haven't been common for twenty years.

If you find a turtle on a fence post, you can be pretty sure it didn't get
there by itself.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote:

DD_BobK wrote:
[...]

They have been in my house. Still are. Lots of good beer bottles
have non-twist caps.

My thought is that the GD was installed after the churchkey found its
new home.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 10, 9:36*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
DD_BobK wrote:
[...]

Do you think a church key would survive in a kitchen sink trap for 10+
years?
And if it had been in there that long......why did the D/W drain ok
until lately?

Somebody put it in there?

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
DD_BobK wrote:
[...]

How do you open your Corona bottles?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 10, 3:33*pm, IGot2P wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
DD_BobK wrote:
[...]

How do you open your Corona bottles?- Hide quoted text -

"How do you open your Corona bottles?"

Frozen lime wedges

Posted to alt.home.repair

IGot2P wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
DD_BobK wrote:
[...]

With my teeth. Why? Is there a better way?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 10, 9:46*am, wrote:
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:23:46 -0800 (PST), DD_BobK
wrote:

[...]

You were probably really drunk when you hid it there many years ago.

Not my house.....this is only the third time I've been there since Aug
09.

cheers
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 12/10/2009 3:33 PM (ET) IGot2P wrote the following:
HeyBub wrote:
DD_BobK wrote:
[...]

I open my European beers, Becks and Pilsner Urquell, with my Swiss Army
Knife, or my key chains Becks bottle cap/flip top opener (in case one
doesn't have finger nails)., or one of the bottle/can openers in the
kitchen drawer. I haven't seen one of those 'church key' flat metal
openers in years.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../churchkey.jpg

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 14:33:41 -0600, IGot2P wrote:

HeyBub wrote:
DD_BobK wrote:
[...]

Plus the pointed end is used for big cans of tomato juice, etc. which
havn't changed in 50+ years.