Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Default A new thing to worry about

On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 02:48:32 -0500, mm
wrote:

Do not throw antenna at spouse.

I remember years ago... I was working on the end of an extension cord.
Somehow it got plugged in while I was working on it, and I touched the
two wires together. Big bang.

The end was in another room, and I'm yelling at my spouse: "Unplug
that cord..."

She got really ****ed off at me for yelling at her.

(but was I wrong? bg)
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

wrote:

Do not throw antenna at spouse.

I remember years ago... I was working on the end of an extension cord.
Somehow it got plugged in while I was working on it, and I touched the
two wires together. Big bang.

The end was in another room, and I'm yelling at my spouse: "Unplug
that cord..."

She got really ****ed off at me for yelling at her.

(but was I wrong? bg)

Depends who you ask. Your wife thinks you were (d&r) ;-)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

wrote:

Do not throw antenna at spouse.

I remember years ago... I was working on the end of an extension cord.
Somehow it got plugged in while I was working on it, and I touched the
two wires together. Big bang.

The end was in another room, and I'm yelling at my spouse: "Unplug
that cord..."

She got really ****ed off at me for yelling at her.

(but was I wrong? bg)

If a man speaks in the forest

And there is no woman to hear him

Is he still wrong?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

If you have to ask, you're not married.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Bob F" wrote in message

If a man speaks in the forest

And there is no woman to hear him

Is he still wrong?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

"Bob F" wrote in message

If a man speaks in the forest

And there is no woman to hear him

Is he still wrong?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Hi!

Big bang.

At which point you no longer needed to ask that the cord be unplugged.

Reminds me of something that happened many years back when my dad was
replacing the light fixture one room over. I said "you should really
turn the power off before doing that".

"Oh no, I'll do it hot." (I really have no idea what possessed him to
do this, he knew better, but...)

I was sitting at my desk, working on my computer when the lights went
out.

Evidently sound does travel slower than light, as it wasn't until a
second or so later that I heard a swear word. g

There was also a slight pop, but I never heard that. It kind of
surprised me that a slight pop is all there was.

She got really ****ed off at me for yelling at her.
(but was I wrong? bg)

Yes, if you have fuses or circuit breakers...!

William