Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bottom of garage door question

Oren wrote:
On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 17:54:33 -0500, "Jim Sherman"
wrote:

I suggest a simple cheap fix that has worked for me in Michigan.
Go to the hardware store and buy a few grey foam pipe insulating
four foot sticks. Apply them to both ends of the door and trim to
fit by trial and error. When you can no longer see daylight under
the door when it is closed, you have finished the project. This
stuff hangs onto the bottom of the door without any nailing or
gluing. From the outside, you can see it, but who is going to walk
around looking at the bottom of your garage door?

I like the thought.

I have one "stick" meant for and outside PVC pipe insulation. I will
try the idea, and if it works will get a few more.

MUCH CHEAPER is the "Pool Noodle" at Walmart. I think it's like $2.00 for a
four-foot, 3" diameter stick. It has a 3/4" hole down the center. I slit
some open with the table saw and used them instead of the $8.00/ft
insulating tubes from HD to cover the AC lines. Worked swell.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Do you use the pink ones?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I actually thought about that when I posted. Noodles may be scarce in
the winter, but I will look for them. If not for the GD, then for some
3/4" PVC (small task here).

It is freezing at night in Vegas..