Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Bottom of garage door question

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 07:08:48 -0800 (PST), Mike
wrote:

Hi all. My garage door is old (maybe 30 years) and probably needs to
be replaced - but not right now. In the short term, I'm seeking a
little advice from the good folks here. When the door is closed, the
middle of the door makes good contact with the floor, but I can see
daylight on both ends.

How wide is the door & how much "daylight' can you see?

I bought another rubber strip for the bottom
of the door, cut it into pieces and nailed a few pieces to both ends,
but that didn't really have the desired effect - I can still see
daylight under the ends when the door is closed.

'rubber'? What kind of strips? A garage door bottom seal should
give you an inch and a half or so of leeway. If the door is warped
beyond that [or the floor is heaved that much] you have worse things
to correct than seeing a little daylight.

Jim