Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Drywall repair help needed

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could look at the pictures I
have posted on photobucket and suggest how I can fix my problem. I
have added descriptions to each picture to explain the problem. The
drywall in question is in a 10 year old home if that helps. My guess
is that they used some type of paper tape to join sections of drywall
and over time the mud that was applied to the tape is seperating away
from the tape. I don't see any water damage. All help is greatly
appreciated. Thank you in advance!

[IMG]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad176/finman2000/DSCF3663.jpg[/
IMG]
[IMG]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad176/finman2000/DSCF3665.jpg[/
IMG]
[IMG]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad176/finman2000/DSCF3670.jpg[/
IMG]
[IMG]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad176/finman2000/DSCF3678.jpg[/
IMG]
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 6, 9:21*pm, Finman wrote:
[...]

White glue thineed out with equal parts of water and applied with a
small paintbrush to the back of the tape should restick it, then mud
and paint after you are sure the glue is dry, 24 hours or so.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 6, 11:22*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:

White glue thineed out with equal parts of water and applied with a
small paintbrush to the back of the tape should restick it, then mud
and paint after you are sure the glue is dry, 24 hours or so.-

I would pull down the remaining weak tape in the seams, replace with
fiber mesh tape and mud away.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 19:21:52 -0800 (PST), Finman
wrote:

[...]

I would recommend removing any additional loose tape and joint
compound in the area affected. Apply a thin coat of joint compound
and tape in that area. Let it dry. If necessary, knock off any
compound bumps with your taping knife and then apply another thin coat
of joint compound over that same area. If necessary apply a third,
thin, layer of compound and after it dries you may need to sand
lightly. Then you should be ready to paint.

That's the way it's suppose to go. It usually takes me an additional
coat or two because I get each coat a little too thick and then sand
too much...

Gordon Shumway

Our Constitution needs to be used less as a shield
for the guilty and more as a sword for the victim.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Ditto...cut out ALL the loose tape , then apply tape and mud....HTH....

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thank you for your help!!

Drywall Repair [email protected] Home Repair 4 July 26th 05 01:04 AM
repair drywall Len Shure Home Repair 5 February 8th 05 04:25 AM
Help needed with framing around concrete for drywall Phreak Home Ownership 10 January 19th 05 04:53 AM
Help needed with framing around concrete for drywall Phreak Home Repair 10 January 19th 05 04:53 AM
Drywall Patching Advice Needed Please Michael Roback Home Repair 2 April 16th 04 05:25 AM