Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gas Fire Place ignitor replacement.

The ignitor on my Desa Gas Fire Place broke and I was able to get a new
part. Just wondering how I would go about installing same. Seems there is
still part of the ignitor switch stuck in the opening. Are there any special
tools I would need?
thanks, Mike

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 5, 12:06*pm, "Purpledawn" wrote:
The ignitor on my Desa Gas Fire Place broke and I was able to get a new
part. Just wondering how I would go about installing same. Seems there is
still part of the ignitor switch stuck in the opening. Are there any special
tools I would need?
thanks, Mike

Unless someone else in the group happened to have a similar model,
it's not likely anyone will be able to tell you. But if removing the
ignitor is a challenge for you them maybe this task is beyond your
ability.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 5, 9:06*am, "Purpledawn" wrote:
The ignitor on my Desa Gas Fire Place broke and I was able to get a new
part. Just wondering how I would go about installing same. Seems there is
still part of the ignitor switch stuck in the opening. Are there any special
tools I would need?
thanks, Mike

Mike-

As James stated, unless someone has first had experience you that
model / unit ....its going to be pretty hard to advise "from the
keyboard".

Any chance you could use a photo posting site and provide a couple
shots of the new part and the installation location.

Typically, we experienced "fixers" look at the new part & that will
give clues to removal and installation. The problem is that gas
applicances, if damaged or used improperly can cause major problems
downstream.

Be careful.

cheers
Bob

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

Usually any gas ignitor I've seen is a ceramic element that glows red
and has 2 wires. It's pretty straightfoward to replace. A model # of
the fireplace or pics would be helpful.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"DD_BobK" wrote in message
[...]

Sorry, should have been more specific. Its a kit, ignitor service Pizzo 164
and the parts No. is 102445-01
Here is the link to the website where it can be viewed.
http://shoppingcart.msservicecompany.com/Default.aspx

Looks exactly like the one that broke except half of the part is still stuck
in the hole and won`t come out, seems there is a spring in it and I thought
I miight need a special tool to extract same.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 5, 4:54*pm, "Purpledawn" wrote:
"DD_BobK" wrote in message

[...]

That looks like a mechanical ignitor, similiar to a barbecue ignitor.
Its just held in by a nut. Should be easy to remove.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Mikepier wrote:
Usually any gas ignitor I've seen is a ceramic element that glows red
and has 2 wires. It's pretty straightfoward to replace. A model # of
the fireplace or pics would be helpful.

Hmmm,
All gas fire places have PB Piezzo spark ignitor like gas BBQ. Never sae
HSI which is mostly used in furnace.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"DD_BobK" wrote in message

[...]

Thank you for all your answer. Problem is fixed. Should have done more
looking around the ignitor insert before I posted. There was a screw in the
back of the ignitor which I removed, I then inserted the ignitor, put the
new screw back on and that was it. Next time when I come upon a problem will
do more research before I post. Again, thanks for all the advise.
In the future "look before you leap" lol
Mike.

gas fire place minnew Home Repair 2 February 23rd 08 03:49 AM
Whirlpool Ignitor Replacement bruce6230 Home Repair 0 December 19th 07 01:31 AM
Ignitor Replacement RW Parker Home Repair 2 August 19th 07 03:44 PM
Hot Surface Ignitor replaced..still won't fire up.. [email protected] Home Repair 12 August 4th 06 03:51 AM
Gas fire place ignitor Mark Savoy Home Repair 1 January 28th 06 02:13 AM