Posted to alt.home.repair
Purpledawn Purpledawn is offline

Default Gas Fire Place ignitor replacement.

"DD_BobK" wrote in message
On Nov 5, 9:06 am, "Purpledawn" wrote:
The ignitor on my Desa Gas Fire Place broke and I was able to get a new
part. Just wondering how I would go about installing same. Seems there is
still part of the ignitor switch stuck in the opening. Are there any
special
tools I would need?
thanks, Mike

Mike-

As James stated, unless someone has first had experience you that
model / unit ....its going to be pretty hard to advise "from the
keyboard".

Any chance you could use a photo posting site and provide a couple
shots of the new part and the installation location.

Typically, we experienced "fixers" look at the new part & that will
give clues to removal and installation. The problem is that gas
applicances, if damaged or used improperly can cause major problems
downstream.

Be careful.

Sorry, should have been more specific. Its a kit, ignitor service Pizzo 164
and the parts No. is 102445-01
Here is the link to the website where it can be viewed.
http://shoppingcart.msservicecompany.com/Default.aspx

Looks exactly like the one that broke except half of the part is still stuck
in the hole and won`t come out, seems there is a spring in it and I thought
I miight need a special tool to extract same.