Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Are there many treaters?

I realize, the so-called scare of trick-and-treaters is only make-belief.
Although, sometimes kids will generate some damage if they are not pleased
with the offerings.

I feel that we are setting a poor example for our children when we encourage
them to scare people with the objective of obtaining goodies.

Maybe they become the adults who hold up banks with toy guns, and then
progress to real guns.

The whole idea of scaring people in order to obtain candies is quite
repulsive - even if it is only make-belief. Are these the principles we want
to imbue in our children?

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"Han" wrote in message
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:hcigfg
:

Last year I got about 50, and it was pretty even between
boys and girls. By 7:15 tonight, 18 boys and 8 girls.

Maybe everyone's worried about the flu? Glad I didn't buy a
lot of candy.

We had a lot, similar to or more than other years. Of course, it was a
Saturday here, temps around 70F. So far less hoodlummy teens than in
other
years, but it's only 7:35. As usual, by this time we're out of candy, and
the lights are off and the door closed.

Here is: http://radburn.org
--
Best regards
Han

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Walter R." wrote:

The whole idea of scaring people in order to obtain candies is quite
repulsive - even if it is only make-belief. Are these the principles we want
to imbue in our children?

Yep. Next question?

--
To find that place where the rats don't race
and the phones don't ring at all.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Walter R. wrote:
I realize, the so-called scare of trick-and-treaters is only make-belief.
Although, sometimes kids will generate some damage if they are not pleased
with the offerings.

I feel that we are setting a poor example for our children when we encourage
them to scare people with the objective of obtaining goodies.

Maybe they become the adults who hold up banks with toy guns, and then
progress to real guns.

The whole idea of scaring people in order to obtain candies is quite
repulsive - even if it is only make-belief. Are these the principles we want
to imbue in our children?

Hi,
Blaming anything bad onto some one else or something else type?
It's just an old tradition.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 00:00:04 -0700, "Walter R." wrote:

I realize, the so-called scare of trick-and-treaters is only make-belief.
Although, sometimes kids will generate some damage if they are not pleased
with the offerings.

I feel that we are setting a poor example for our children when we encourage
them to scare people with the objective of obtaining goodies.

Maybe they become the adults who hold up banks with toy guns, and then
progress to real guns.

The whole idea of scaring people in order to obtain candies is quite
repulsive - even if it is only make-belief. Are these the principles we want
to imbue in our children?

Fantasy is an important part of life, at least when you KNOW it's
fantasy. Most seem to do so with Halloween, unlike that OTHER fantasy.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"How could you ask me to believe in God when there's
absolutely no evidence that I can see?" -- Jodie Foster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Walter R. wrote:

The whole idea of scaring people in order to obtain candies is quite
repulsive - even if it is only make-belief. Are these the principles
we want to imbue in our children?

How else will they learn to be good Republican politicians?

Posted to alt.home.repair

-"Han" wrote in message

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:hcigfg
:

Last year I got about 50, and it was pretty even between
boys and girls. By 7:15 tonight, 18 boys and 8 girls.

Maybe everyone's worried about the flu? Glad I didn't buy a
lot of candy.

We had a lot, similar to or more than other years. *Of course, it was a
Saturday here, temps around 70F. *So far less hoodlummy teens than in
other
years, but it's only 7:35. *As usual, by this time we're out of candy, and
the lights are off and the door closed.

Here is:http://radburn.org
--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid- Hide quoted text -

Funny you should say that. I think that's how I got started.