Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Are there many treaters?

Last year I got about 50, and it was pretty even between
boys and girls. By 7:15 tonight, 18 boys and 8 girls.

Maybe everyone's worried about the flu? Glad I didn't buy a
lot of candy.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Last year I got about 50, and it was pretty even between
boys and girls. By 7:15 tonight, 18 boys and 8 girls.

Maybe everyone's worried about the flu? Glad I didn't buy a
lot of candy.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org

(Uurpp) I'm glad I did. g

We didn't have many, either. And the temperature was 75 degrees, so it
wasn't the weather that held them back.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 19:26:26 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

(Uurpp) I'm glad I did. g

We didn't have many, either. And the temperature was 75 degrees, so it
wasn't the weather that held them back.

Not a single one here, and the wife was all ready in her cloak, hat and besom,
with her shoulder rat to help frighten the little sods off as well :-)

Don't know what made this year different.

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:hcigfj
:

Last year I got about 50, and it was pretty even between
boys and girls. By 7:15 tonight, 18 boys and 8 girls.

Maybe everyone's worried about the flu? Glad I didn't buy a
lot of candy.

The weather in the Boston area has been fantastic (high over 70 today), and
the rain has held off. So far we've only had about 10, and it's getting
late enough that we probably won't get many more. The weather bozos have
been predicting rain for days, so that may have cut into things. A few
years ago we had close to 30, but it's been falling off every year.
Fortunately, I bought an assortment of goodies, all of which are types the
family likes.

Doug White
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Last year I got about 50, and it was pretty even between
boys and girls. By 7:15 tonight, 18 boys and 8 girls.

Been here 21 years now, never had a single tricker treater.
Just one of the benefits to rural living....G

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Last year I got about 50, and it was pretty even between
boys and girls. By 7:15 tonight, 18 boys and 8 girls.

Maybe everyone's worried about the flu? Glad I didn't buy a
lot of candy.

63 total here, down from about 80 last year.

--
Steve Walker
(remove wallet to reply)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 19:15:48 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Last year I got about 50, and it was pretty even between
boys and girls. By 7:15 tonight, 18 boys and 8 girls.

Maybe everyone's worried about the flu? Glad I didn't buy a
lot of candy.

Bout 90 here by the look of the box of 100 goodies.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

It was much less busy here, too.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

(Uurpp) I'm glad I did. g

We didn't have many, either. And the temperature was 75 degrees, so it
wasn't the weather that held them back.

Not a single one here, and the wife was all ready in her cloak, hat and besom,
with her shoulder rat to help frighten the little sods off as well :-)

Don't know what made this year different.

Mark Rand
RTFM

We had (3)

Course the wife had the grandkids out and up at the rich end of
town..which is what most everyone in this neighborhood does. Lots of
retired and low income in the area..so the pickings arent very good.

But its been that way here since the mid 80s

Gunner

"IMHO, some people here give Jeff far more attention than he deserves,
but obviously craves. The most appropriate response, and perhaps the
cruelest, IMO, is to simply killfile and ignore him. An alternative, if
you must, would be to post the same standard reply to his every post,
listing the manifold reasons why he ought to be ignored. Just my $0.02
worth."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 31, 1:15*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Last year I got about 50, and it was pretty even between
boys and girls. By 7:15 tonight, 18 boys and 8 girls.

Maybe everyone's worried about the flu? Glad I didn't buy a
lot of candy.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

Normal here and Waikiki was full since it's a weekend. People were
still headed in when I came home at midnight.
Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

We had zero (0). Such is life.
Our visitors were the four legged type that scavenge what they can every night.
The fuzzy black and white ones with hands that can open stuff - and the long
teeth kind that snarl if interrupted.

A good coon dog would solve one and a handy pistol / rifle on the other...

Just no scary types to ring the bell.

Martin

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Last year I got about 50, and it was pretty even between
boys and girls. By 7:15 tonight, 18 boys and 8 girls.

Maybe everyone's worried about the flu? Glad I didn't buy a
lot of candy.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Last year I got about 50, and it was pretty even between
boys and girls. By 7:15 tonight, 18 boys and 8 girls.

Maybe everyone's worried about the flu? Glad I didn't buy a
lot of candy.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org

(Uurpp) I'm glad I did. g

We didn't have many, either. And the temperature was 75 degrees, so it
wasn't the weather that held them back.

I haven't had a trick or treater for 16 years, that's when I moved into
the country. But I'm not surprised to hear the numbers are down. It
seems like every year the only trick or treaters are little kids with
their parents with them. I remember as a kid we went out until we were
in the 8th grade. Now it seems it's just the real little ones. Maybe
that's because the adults have hijacked Halloween for themselves and
made it into a silly costume party. I never understood the fun in
dressing up in costumes and I have no idea why it has become so popular
now. I hear that Halloween has become one of the biggest holidays of
all. I would have never guessed that grownups would get such a charge
out of wearing costumes. I thought that went out in childhood, unless of
course, you were in the "theatre".

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Last year I got about 50, and it was pretty even between
boys and girls. By 7:15 tonight, 18 boys and 8 girls.

Maybe everyone's worried about the flu? Glad I didn't buy a
lot of candy.

About the same as last year here in the Sacramento
valley, maybe 25-30
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

Last year I got about 50, and it was pretty even between
boys and girls. By 7:15 tonight, 18 boys and 8 girls.

Maybe everyone's worried about the flu? Glad I didn't buy a
lot of candy.

I live two miles out of the village, outside of nieces and nephews in their youth, I don't
get trick or treaters.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller