Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default Are there many treaters?

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Last year I got about 50, and it was pretty even between
boys and girls. By 7:15 tonight, 18 boys and 8 girls.

Maybe everyone's worried about the flu? Glad I didn't buy a
lot of candy.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

(Uurpp) I'm glad I did. g

We didn't have many, either. And the temperature was 75 degrees, so it
wasn't the weather that held them back.

I haven't had a trick or treater for 16 years, that's when I moved into
the country. But I'm not surprised to hear the numbers are down. It
seems like every year the only trick or treaters are little kids with
their parents with them. I remember as a kid we went out until we were
in the 8th grade. Now it seems it's just the real little ones. Maybe
that's because the adults have hijacked Halloween for themselves and
made it into a silly costume party. I never understood the fun in
dressing up in costumes and I have no idea why it has become so popular
now. I hear that Halloween has become one of the biggest holidays of
all. I would have never guessed that grownups would get such a charge
out of wearing costumes. I thought that went out in childhood, unless of
course, you were in the "theatre".

Hawke