Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plumbing question

I posted a question a few days ago about 1/2 inch copper tubing that is
part of the baseboard heaters in my 1951 built house...well I more or less
have worked out a solution. I spend good part of the day on Monday running
around to several plumbing/heating/air conditioner suppliers....Several
suggested that the reason the 1/2 copper tubing is bigger, is that at some
point it may have froze with water in it and expanded a little....most had
now idea how I could find fittings for these things. After checking about 5
places, I found someone who tried a few things and we hit on something that
works. It seems that 1/2 X 3/8 copper couplers the small end will fit
inside the tubing. it is a tight fit but it works...I had to use one on each
end and a short piece of 1/2 inch tubing in the middle to connect. I just
finished putting it all together and soldering and will see if it works
tomorrow...thanks for the help and advise...........
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
[...]

Glad you found a solution. You may get a little restriction, but it may not
matter. At least it gets you going and can replace as needed. Depending on
the temperature you operate at, consider PEX if it has to be re-done larger.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 21, 12:08*am, wrote:
[...]

You may be able to use a short length of 3/4 pipe as a coupling.

Jimmie