Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] cheapdave@home.com is offline

Default Plumbing question

I posted a question a few days ago about 1/2 inch copper tubing that is
part of the baseboard heaters in my 1951 built house...well I more or less
have worked out a solution. I spend good part of the day on Monday running
around to several plumbing/heating/air conditioner suppliers....Several
suggested that the reason the 1/2 copper tubing is bigger, is that at some
point it may have froze with water in it and expanded a little....most had
now idea how I could find fittings for these things. After checking about 5
places, I found someone who tried a few things and we hit on something that
works. It seems that 1/2 X 3/8 copper couplers the small end will fit
inside the tubing. it is a tight fit but it works...I had to use one on each
end and a short piece of 1/2 inch tubing in the middle to connect. I just
finished putting it all together and soldering and will see if it works
tomorrow...thanks for the help and advise...........