Posted to alt.home.repair

Default gold screws & treated lumber

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 18:30:44 -0500, Jules
wrote:

Hmm, so my box of "gold screws" (which I guess are galvanized) say on the
box, "should not be used in treated lumber". Why not? What happens?

cheers

Jules

Most metal fasteners will corrode in treated lumber and discolor it.
SS screws are best when using outdoors or in a humid environment.