Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Using epoxy to bond beam to concrete pier

Anyone heard of using epoxy cement to bond a pressure treated beam to
a concrete pier? I'm considering using epoxy to fill a 1/16 - 1/8 gap
between a 4x6 pt beam and a intermediate concrete pier. The beam is
connected on each end using conventional beam hangers, and merely
rests upon the pier midway.

The beam is part of a deck frame and I'm concerned about squeaking. I
think epoxy will prevent beam flexing.

Thanks!

bond ceramic to concrete ?? itsdoingfunnythings UK diy 4 May 29th 08 12:16 AM
Cracks in a pier and beam house - retexture or drywall ? Alex Home Repair 2 April 18th 07 03:28 AM
Floor Tiling in a pier and beam house crabshell Home Repair 1 March 30th 07 03:36 AM
pier and beam repair kirk Home Repair 4 June 25th 06 07:44 PM
Pier and Beam, piers only 18"? [email protected] Home Repair 9 January 18th 06 04:38 AM