Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hide or get scratches out of laminate floor?

Hide or get scratches out of laminate floor
Anyone with experience. Floor is less than three years old.
TIA

Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair

LouB wrote:
Hide or get scratches out of laminate floor
Anyone with experience. Floor is less than three years old.
TIA

Lou

Answered myself via google
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 08 Sep 2009 22:28:32 -0400, LouB wrote:

Hide or get scratches out of laminate floor
Anyone with experience. Floor is less than three years old.
TIA

Lou

Not sure if vinyl or wood.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to LouB, Karen M. wrote:
When my son and his dog moved in with us, we were dismayed at the horrible
scratch damage his dog created on our brand new Pergo floors. We have two
dachshunds that move around the house at a slow pace. Our son's dog, runs
through the house sliding across the floor, skidding happily after doing a
full twirl. So this is an ongoing problem. Scratches are part of the beauty of
aged hardwood, but laminate scratches can quickly tear through that pretty
topcoat. To fix the scratches I have used Rejuvenate products and it has done
a good job. There are several items you will need and most are readily
available at Home Depot. You will need: Rejuvenate Floor Cleaner, Rejuvenate
Floor Repair Markers, Rejuvenate All Floors Restorer, A Swiffer Duster or
Swiffer Duster/Vacuum.
TO Prepa First sweep the floor with the swiffer duster/vacuum. I prefer to
use a swiffer duster/vacuum because it picks up tiny particles that get
trapped in the grooves of laminate VERY WELL. Next, lightly mop the floor
with water. This helps to pull that last bit of dust out of those grooves.
Once it is dry, swiffer it again. Why? Because no matter how thorough the
cleaning job, there is always a corner or row of flooring that still has dust
and you really don't want to seal that inside your finished layer. I've done
tons of floors with these products and if you skimp on the cleaning part you
will have a "fog" sealed into the floor when it all dries. Now you're ready
to fix the scratches. Begin by using the marker that best fits the color of
your floor in an inconspicuous place to make sure you are using the marker
that best matches your floor. After selecting the best match, continue to use
the marker in areas where the scratches are deepest. After the marker is dry,
finish with Rejuvenate Floor Restore. Floor restore must be used sparingly.
Directions call for working in a 4 x 4 area at a time. I found that to be too
large. If you try standing four feet out from a corner and squeeze a generous
amount on the floor it will splatter and leave dots under the wax. It has
worked best for me when I stay within a 3 x 3 area and bend over close to the
floor and GENTLY squeeze a small amount of product onto the floor. Too much
product will leave a pasty finish. Not enough? After everything dries you can
clearly see spots you missed and can go back and put a thin coat over that
part. Be sure to start in the farthest corner of the room and work your way
out of the room otherwise you will be waxing footprints into the floor. It is
beautiful when done properly. Maintenance can be done every three to six
months.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...or-393525-.htm