Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anyone own ALUMINUM scaffold?

I cant move heavy weights around well do to back injury

Yet I need some scaffolding for around house

Anyone own aluminum scaffolding and can tell me how
they like it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I cant move heavy weights around well do to back injury

Yet I need some scaffolding for around house

Anyone own aluminum scaffolding and can tell me how
they like it?

I've seen the aluminum pump jack systems and they are pretty good...All the
contractors around here use them....Never seen aluminum pipe staging
...HTH....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 7, 11:03*pm, wrote:
I cant move heavy weights around well do to back injury

Yet I need some scaffolding for around house

Anyone own aluminum scaffolding and can tell me how
they like it?

Most any scaffolding to me means heavy metal being put in place by
major effort that would ruin a back far easier than moving a ladder.
Moving scaffolding in place is probably just the type of bending and
stress that will pop a disk open. If your back is that bad you
shouldnt even be doing ladder work with heavy things in your hands.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I've used aluminum scaffolds. Problem is, they are not really as light as
you would think. Obviously there are other advantages, such as no rust.
The disavantages are they are oddballs, and they are still bulky (big tubes
for strength, big fittings, etc.)

Steel scaffold knocks down for ease of set-up and transport. But either
type will still fry an already bad back, IMO. If you ask me, OSHA rated
planks are the same scenario.

HTH, Lefty

wrote in message
I cant move heavy weights around well do to back injury

Yet I need some scaffolding for around house

Anyone own aluminum scaffolding and can tell me how
they like it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Lefty wrote:

I've used aluminum scaffolds. Problem is, they are not really as light as
you would think. Obviously there are other advantages, such as no rust.
The disavantages are they are oddballs, and they are still bulky (big tubes
for strength, big fittings, etc.)

Yes, all the AL scaffolds I've worked with have been bulky and annoying.

Steel scaffold knocks down for ease of set-up and transport. But either
type will still fry an already bad back, IMO. If you ask me, OSHA rated
planks are the same scenario.

The Werner 4'w x 6'h light duty frame scaffolding isn't terribly heavy,
perhaps 30# for an end frame. I own some of this for use around the
house, along with the 7' Alumaplanks. If you don't need to setup more
than one level high there isn't much of any heavy lifting involved. Of
course if you only need one level, you may be better off with a
stepladder.

Best 4" aluminum scaffold for home use? rhea Home Repair 0 May 31st 07 04:55 AM
Best 4" aluminum scaffold for home use? Eldwin Baumgaertner Home Repair 0 May 31st 07 03:53 AM
scaffold towers best ones gort UK diy 4 August 6th 06 01:36 PM
Best 4" aluminum scaffold for home use? [email protected] Home Repair 9 June 26th 06 12:30 AM
Scaffold Planks John UK diy 8 March 12th 05 04:28 PM