Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Anyone own ALUMINUM scaffold?

Lefty wrote:

I've used aluminum scaffolds. Problem is, they are not really as light as
you would think. Obviously there are other advantages, such as no rust.
The disavantages are they are oddballs, and they are still bulky (big tubes
for strength, big fittings, etc.)

Yes, all the AL scaffolds I've worked with have been bulky and annoying.

Steel scaffold knocks down for ease of set-up and transport. But either
type will still fry an already bad back, IMO. If you ask me, OSHA rated
planks are the same scenario.

The Werner 4'w x 6'h light duty frame scaffolding isn't terribly heavy,
perhaps 30# for an end frame. I own some of this for use around the
house, along with the 7' Alumaplanks. If you don't need to setup more
than one level high there isn't much of any heavy lifting involved. Of
course if you only need one level, you may be better off with a
stepladder.