Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Uses for Nason 481-16 Select Thinner?

I've got about a half gallon of Nason 481-16 Select Thinner left over
from a spraying project I was involved. I bought the materials, but
somebody else did the spraying - I don't own a spray gun.

Are there any uses for this thinner other than thinning automotive
paint and cleaning the spray equipment?

I just read the can and it says it's for use by "professional, trained
painters" and "not for sale to or use by the general public", yet the
auto-paint store sold it directly to me - just one of those "general
public" kind of guys.

I'm thinking I should give it to the guy with the spray gun...doesn't
sound like I'd need to clean anything with it. So far I've gotten
through life OK with plain old mineral spirits.

Agreed?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Aug 30, 7:44*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I've got about a half gallon of Nason 481-16 Select Thinner left over
from a spraying project I was involved. I bought the materials, but
somebody else did the spraying - I don't own a spray gun.

Are there any uses for this thinner other than thinning automotive
paint and cleaning the spray equipment?

I just read the can and it says it's for use by "professional, trained
painters" and "not for sale to or use by the general public", yet the
auto-paint store sold it directly to me - just one of those "general
public" kind of guys.

I'm thinking I should give it to the guy with the spray gun...doesn't
sound like I'd need to clean anything with it. So far I've gotten
through life OK with plain old mineral spirits.

Agreed?

Agree.
If you have a charcoal grill, it might work as a fire starter, or you
could use it to clean paint brushes or some such, but that seems a bit
wasteful compared to passing it on to someone who will put it to good
use.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 31, 1:26*pm, Joe wrote:
[...]

Joe- Hide quoted text -

thinner laminate for windowsill Vass[_5_] UK diy 5 October 13th 08 04:41 PM
hammerite thinner news.virgin.net UK diy 12 February 13th 08 12:03 PM
BLO and Thinner Jimmy Woodworking 6 January 25th 07 09:33 AM
Turp vs. Thinner for Varnish? Joe Befumo Woodworking 4 July 27th 06 12:28 PM
plywood's getting thinner.... bob Woodworking 29 January 5th 05 05:24 PM