Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rat poison disappearing

Suddenly the rat poison I put in my Rhino shelter is disappearing. A
couple of times I've seen some missing and then sick mice crawling
around then it stops. Now I go through a box every night. Every day I
put out a new box and the next morning it's all gone. What is eating all
my rat poison? This could get expensive.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Van Chocstraw wrote:
Suddenly the rat poison I put in my Rhino shelter is disappearing. A
couple of times I've seen some missing and then sick mice crawling
around then it stops. Now I go through a box every night. Every day I
put out a new box and the next morning it's all gone. What is eating all
my rat poison? This could get expensive.

Is it the pellets or the blocks? I used the pellet type once in my shed
& the mice took & stashed the crap in the tractor air cleaner, in flower
pots, behind shop rags, etc.

I switched to the bars & since they can't move them easily they have to
eat them on the spot.

MikeB
Posted to alt.home.repair

Van Chocstraw wrote:
Suddenly the rat poison I put in my Rhino shelter is disappearing. A
couple of times I've seen some missing and then sick mice crawling
around then it stops. Now I go through a box every night. Every day I
put out a new box and the next morning it's all gone. What is eating
all my rat poison? This could get expensive.

If it's Warfarin, it doesn't kill right away. Maybe several days.

Or generations.

I forget which.

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
Van Chocstraw wrote:
Suddenly the rat poison I put in my Rhino shelter is disappearing. A
couple of times I've seen some missing and then sick mice crawling
around then it stops. Now I go through a box every night. Every day I
put out a new box and the next morning it's all gone. What is eating
all my rat poison? This could get expensive.

If it's Warfarin, it doesn't kill right away. Maybe several days.

Or generations.

I forget which.

They don't use warfarin any more as pests have developed immunity but
they do use a similar blood thinner and it takes a few feedings before
it takes effect.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"BQ340" wrote in message
Van Chocstraw wrote:
Suddenly the rat poison I put in my Rhino shelter is disappearing. A
couple of times I've seen some missing and then sick mice crawling around
then it stops. Now I go through a box every night. Every day I put out a
new box and the next morning it's all gone. What is eating all my rat
poison? This could get expensive.

By any chance, is your wife p-ssed at you? I'd eat out for awhile.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 22, 11:02 am, Van Chocstraw
wrote:
Suddenly the rat poison I put in my Rhino shelter is disappearing.

Maybe your rhino is eating it...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Van Chocstraw wrote:
Suddenly the rat poison I put in my Rhino shelter is disappearing. A
couple of times I've seen some missing and then sick mice crawling
around then it stops. Now I go through a box every night. Every day I
put out a new box and the next morning it's all gone. What is eating all
my rat poison? This could get expensive.

They aren't eating it- they are grinding it up and spreading it around
your kitchen and garden.

I only found out I had mice, when the ant traps started disappearing.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

"BQ340" wrote in message
Van Chocstraw wrote:
Suddenly the rat poison I put in my Rhino shelter is disappearing. A
couple of times I've seen some missing and then sick mice crawling around
then it stops. Now I go through a box every night. Every day I put out a
new box and the next morning it's all gone. What is eating all my rat
poison? This could get expensive.

Is it the pellets or the blocks? I used the pellet type once in my shed &
the mice took & stashed the crap in the tractor air cleaner, in flower
pots, behind shop rags, etc.

I switched to the bars & since they can't move them easily they have to
eat them on the spot.

MikeB

Ditto....Get the bars or T-Rex traps....

Posted to alt.home.repair

Van Chocstraw wrote:

They must be getting sick, they only ate half a box last night.

I've found it tastes particularly good as an ice cream topping. The kids like
the turquise color.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, February 12, 2016 at 1:47:09 PM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:
wrote:
On Sunday, August 23, 2009 at 1:02:33 AM UTC+10, Van Chocstraw wrote:
Suddenly the rat poison I put in my Rhino shelter is disappearing. A
couple of times I've seen some missing and then sick mice crawling
around then it stops. Now I go through a box every night. Every day I
put out a new box and the next morning it's all gone. What is eating
all my rat poison? This could get expensive.

Your kid?? If you don't know, maybe you should reconsider using this.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 10:02:33 AM UTC-5, Van Chocstraw wrote:
Suddenly the rat poison I put in my Rhino shelter is disappearing. A
couple of times I've seen some missing and then sick mice crawling
around then it stops. Now I go through a box every night. Every day I
put out a new box and the next morning it's all gone. What is eating all
my rat poison? This could get expensive.

Some creature(s) are making a stash of warfarin, an anticoagulant!

I'm an RN so I know these things!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...