Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What kind of well water system does this look like for upcoming project?

I'm flying to Vermont this week to help my brother with the plumbing to
install the Crystal Quest CQE-WH-01202 that he bought and had delivered to
his new house (built in 1999). I had him measure the water flow rate from
the valve on the Well-X-Trol WX-203 tank with a bucket and he thinks he's
getting 12gpm, which may be ok for backwash (subject of my previous thread,
the filter requires 14gpm for backwash).

My question is, based on the photos he took (click on links below to see
photos), is there anything "more complex" about hooking up this whole-house
filter other than PVC work, soldering the copper pipes and running the
electrical conduit etc.? I haven't seen the install manual yet. In other
words am I going to get involved in possibly having to obtain additional
equipment, doing some kind of engineering analysis, etc. to do it properly?
Or just a simple matter of hooking up pipes for water in, and water out,
plus electrical? Should it go before, or after the water softener?

Primarily he is dealing with a high level of sulfur/odor.

http://www.statuaryplace.com/images/...quipment05.jpg
http://www.statuaryplace.com/images/...quipment04.jpg
http://www.statuaryplace.com/images/...quipment08.jpg
http://www.statuaryplace.com/images/...quipment14.jpg
http://www.statuaryplace.com/images/...quipment17.jpg
http://www.statuaryplace.com/images/...quipment09.jpg
http://www.statuaryplace.com/images/...quipment07.jpg
http://www.statuaryplace.com/images/...quipment15.jpg
http://www.statuaryplace.com/images/...quipment16.jpg
http://www.statuaryplace.com/images/...quipment20.jpg

The black units with gauges on the wall at cartridge circulators model
007-F5 for the taco SR503 water heater switching system. The blue box is
Carlin Water Heater Model EZ-1 Oil Burner. The white cylinder I think is
another heater Bradford Model # M2P65R1011.

Crystal Quest website with info on the filter (find model CQE-WH-01202 on
page):

http://crystalquest.com/Manganese,%2...r%20filter.htm