Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can I use Air Exchanger installation pipes for Air Condition?

Hi all,

My new house has an Air Exchanger installation which is using during
the cold season. I do not have yet an Air Condition.
But I did put a window Air Condition on my basement and blow the cold
air trough the Air Exchanger pipes. Since air exchanger is used only
during the cold season, I did modify the air exchanger in order to
take the cold air from air condition and blow it in the upstairs rooms
with the internal fan.
This seams to work fine, as long as I can adjust the cold air flow on
each room.
My question is if I can continue to use that setup with A/C during the
summer and then put pack the A/E pipes connectors for the cold season.
I notice some condensation on the pipes where the cold air is pushed.
Is that an issue? The A/E pipes are the from made from plastic and
aluminium insertion, like the model for dryers.

Thanks for the reply,
Chris.

Age / Condition of Oak Tree komobu Home Repair 7 March 30th 07 03:01 PM
Always in FOR SALE condition Lucid Home Repair 1 February 27th 06 11:37 PM
=Air Condition=- Dave Home Repair 6 September 8th 04 07:20 PM
Freezing Pipes or Pipes frozen could the Instant Hot Water Recirculator from RedyTemp work [email protected] Home Repair 1 January 11th 04 12:18 PM