Posted to alt.home.repair
Lucid

Default Always in FOR SALE condition

I was just reading all of the entries in the discussion about prepping a
home to sell and it reminded me of an error that I made with my earlier
houses. I left too many things to be done JUST before selling the house.
Sure, I did maintenance and small renovations from time to time on my older
house, but there were things that I wanted to improve, but didn't. As a
result, I did a lot of work just before selling the house and never got the
opportunity to enjoy living in the improved house.

With my current house, I just do one good-sized, weekend project every
month. If I don't have something to paint, oil or fix, I might do some
extra cleaning or organizing. It is amazing how much that has improved the
quality of life in my home. It will always be in 'for sale' condition, and
I get to enjoy it that way.

Luc

Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:46:56 -0500, Lucid wrote:

I was just reading all of the entries in the discussion about prepping a
home to sell and it reminded me of an error that I made with my earlier
houses. I left too many things to be done JUST before selling the house.
Sure, I did maintenance and small renovations from time to time on my older
house, but there were things that I wanted to improve, but didn't. As a
result, I did a lot of work just before selling the house and never got the
opportunity to enjoy living in the improved house.

With my current house, I just do one good-sized, weekend project every
month. If I don't have something to paint, oil or fix, I might do some
extra cleaning or organizing. It is amazing how much that has improved the
quality of life in my home. It will always be in 'for sale' condition, and
I get to enjoy it that way.

That reminds me of the person who was a prior tenant telling the story
of replacing a big bay window in the living room. He'd lived in the place
for 3 years with it cracked and replaced it just before moving out. He
wished he'd replaced it sooner so he could have appreciated it. He had
to pay for its replacement just the same; living with it broken didn't
save any money.