Dave

Default =Air Condition=-

Hi,

My Air conditioner and my Heat does not come on. Ive looked at the breakers
and they seem to be OK, nothing red. Ive reset them all. I didnt see any
buttons on the Heat pump (outside) or on the 'Big' Furnace inside. Anyone
know what else to look for? As you can tell I know nothing about this stuff.
The research Ive done said to do what I have already done.

--
Thanks,
Dave

www.metalprovider.com/demoarchives -Demo Covers
www.metalprovider.com/eos -Edge of Sanity Homepage
www.doomsyndicate.com -Doomsyndicate
www.metalprovider.com/suppression -Suppression

Joseph Meehan

Dave wrote:
Hi,

My Air conditioner and my Heat does not come on. Ive looked at the
breakers
and they seem to be OK, nothing red. Ive reset them all. I didnt see any
buttons on the Heat pump (outside) or on the 'Big' Furnace inside. Anyone
know what else to look for? As you can tell I know nothing about this
stuff.
The research Ive done said to do what I have already done.

Do you have a "fan" position on the thermostat? If so try turning it to
fan and see if the fan comes on.

When you say the air conditioner and heat does not come on. exactly
what do you mean? What exactly have you done to cause them to come on? Why
do you think there is a problem?

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Dave

Hi,
Yes I have a fan setting and it too does not come on.
If I turn on the AC and lower the temp, nothing happens, if I turn on the
heat and turn up the heat, same thing...I even have an emergency heat and
that usually turns on w/ a red light, but nothing appears...
any ideas??

Thanks
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Dave wrote:
[...]

TURTLE

"Dave" wrote in message
Hi,
Yes I have a fan setting and it too does not come on.
If I turn on the AC and lower the temp, nothing happens, if I turn on the
heat and turn up the heat, same thing...I even have an emergency heat and
that usually turns on w/ a red light, but nothing appears...
any ideas??

Thanks

This is Turtle.

Sounds like you blew a 24 volt fuse on the relay boards or had a power surge and
blew it. Now if you don't have fuses on it you can have blown the transformer
for the 24 volt system.

Now you could have a bad breaker for the inside furnace. If you have a heat pump
you probley will have 2 double breaker to it and one to the out side and one
double breaker to the inside. If it does nothing. It maybe the inside double
breaker to it for ir controls everything.

Sound like it is time to call a hvac service company.

TURTLE

Joseph Meehan

Dave wrote:
[...]

Just read Turtle's response.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Stormin Mormon

The home owner thing to do at the moment is to replace the thermostat.

However, I'd suggest calling a repair company.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus