Posted to alt.home.repair

Default clean asphalt?

I have a new asphalt driveway and, dumb me, I dropped a small bag of
concrete mix (sakrete) on it. The bag burst. After I cleaned up the
small mess, I see that it left a whitish area which really spoils the
new look of the driveway. I thought rain would clean it up but it
didn't. Is there any kind of cleaner I can try?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I have a new asphalt driveway and, dumb me, I dropped a small bag of
concrete mix (sakrete) on it. The bag burst. After I cleaned up the
small mess, I see that it left a whitish area which really spoils the
new look of the driveway. I thought rain would clean it up but it
didn't. Is there any kind of cleaner I can try?

they sell stuff to take grout haze off tiles. phospheric acid i believe. you
could first try with a weaker acid, like vinegar and a stiff scrub brush.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 07:47:43 -0700, "charlie"
wrote:

they sell stuff to take grout haze off tiles. phospheric acid i believe. you
could first try with a weaker acid, like vinegar and a stiff scrub brush.

Thanks

I'll try some vinegar and let U know...............
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 28, 10:38*am, wrote:
I have a new asphalt driveway and, dumb me, I dropped a small bag of
concrete mix (sakrete) on it. *The bag burst. *After I cleaned up the
small mess, I see that it left a whitish area which really spoils the
new look of the driveway. *I thought rain would clean it up but it
didn't. *Is there any kind of cleaner I can try?

May take a long time but rain should help with time. If it's a year
old, I'd consider sealing it which is something you will probably do
anyway.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 08:08:08 -0700 (PDT), Frank
wrote:

May take a long time but rain should help with time. If it's a year
old, I'd consider sealing it which is something you will probably do
anyway.

Right.

It's only a month old now.

Thanks

Duke

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

May take a long time but rain should help with time. If it's a year
old, I'd consider sealing it which is something you will probably do
anyway.

Right.

It's only a month old now.

Thanks

Duke

Power washer , maybe ?? I'd seal it before winter..My dad sealed his per
recomendation of the asphalt guy last year before winter...It was done in
June , sealed in October....He hired a pro to do it but he is 70...Looks
GREAT still....

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

May take a long time but rain should help with time. *If it's a year
old, I'd consider sealing it which is something you will probably do
anyway.

Right.

It's only a month old now.

Thanks

Duke

Power washer , maybe ?? I'd seal it before winter..My dad sealed his per
recomendation of the asphalt guy last year before winter...It was done in
June , sealed in October....He hired a pro to do it but he is 70...Looks
GREAT still....

Muratic acid will eat the concrete. Lowes has it. I would try a
small test spot first. Rinse it off well afterwards.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
May take a long time but rain should help with time. *If it's a year
old, I'd consider sealing it which is something you will probably do
anyway.

Right.

It's only a month old now.

Thanks

Duke

I was recalling time neighbor had ducks and they were cute but crapped
all over our driveway.
Eventually disappeared with time. I think there is a similarity
because birds swallow rocks to grind food in thier crop and it
probably comes out as inorganic debris needing mechanical removal or
washing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 13:18:31 -0700 (PDT), Frank
wrote:

I was recalling time neighbor had ducks and they were cute but crapped
all over our driveway.
Eventually disappeared with time. I think there is a similarity
because birds swallow rocks to grind food in thier crop and it
probably comes out as inorganic debris needing mechanical removal or
washing.

This is the OP. I tried vinegar. It works. I found ordinary
laundry bleach works even better.

Thanks for all the interest.

Duke

Asphalt driveway John UK diy 5 April 7th 08 03:50 PM
Removing asphalt [email protected] Home Repair 4 February 1st 07 08:00 PM
Asphalt Drive Nick UK diy 2 September 4th 06 08:53 AM
RE Asphalt Driveway joe Home Repair 1 July 21st 06 10:15 PM
slef clean oven not hot enuf to clean [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 February 13th 06 09:51 PM