Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removing asphalt

Hi,
I am converting some driveway into flower beds and a walkway and I
want to
remove some of the asphalt. Is a sledgehammer the way to go. Can I
(safely) score a line in the asphalt with a circular saw and concrete/
tile blade?

Eric

Posted to alt.home.repair

Scoring asphalt will probably not work. It would be better to cut
completely through. How thick is your asphalt? You can certainly
try a fiber or dry diamond blade in your circle saw. If your saw
is not up to the task, or you are planning quite a bit of cutting,
a walk behind pavement saw or hand held gasoline saw would be more
appropriate. They can be rented.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I am converting some driveway into flower beds and a walkway
and I
want to
remove some of the asphalt. Is a sledgehammer the way to go. Can
(safely) score a line in the asphalt with a circular saw and
concrete/
tile blade?

Eric

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

oups.com...

Hi,
*I am converting some driveway into flower beds and a walkway
and I
want to
remove some of the asphalt. Is a sledgehammer the way to go. Can
(safely) score a line in the asphalt with a circular saw and
concrete/
tile blade?

Eric- Hide quoted text -

diamond blade in concrete cutter, there are types that roll on wheels
with blade water cooled to maximize blade life and keep down dust..

asphalt millings [email protected] Home Repair 23 September 15th 19 05:44 PM
Asphalt Drive Nick UK diy 2 September 4th 06 08:53 AM
recycled asphalt Chuck B. Home Repair 7 August 11th 05 10:21 PM
Asphalt siding Philip Lewis Home Repair 0 September 14th 04 01:21 PM
Asphalt Driveway PHroGman Home Repair 2 March 22nd 04 07:00 PM