Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Regulator for air compressor

I've had a cheap Harbor freight air compressor for a few years & it
has paid for itself. So when the regulator stripped out, I went
to the blue borg and bought a replacement off their rack.

But that damn thing leaks right out of the box! I bought it
several months ago & it has been sitting in the garage waiting for me
to take the c-clamp off the old one and install the new regulator.

I just want a simple inline regulator. I have another one with the
drier that I use when painting- but I don't think it is necessary when
pumping tires or occasional nailing.

Is there a good brand of regulator, or are they all POS?

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message

I just want a simple inline regulator. I have another one with the
drier that I use when painting- but I don't think it is necessary when
pumping tires or occasional nailing.

Is there a good brand of regulator, or are they all POS?

Jim

Shop at junk stores and you get the POS. Go to an industrial supply house or
www.mcmaster.com for quality.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
I've had a cheap Harbor freight air compressor for a few years & it
has paid for itself. So when the regulator stripped out, I went
to the blue borg and bought a replacement off their rack.

But that damn thing leaks right out of the box! I bought it
several months ago & it has been sitting in the garage waiting for me
to take the c-clamp off the old one and install the new regulator.

I just want a simple inline regulator. I have another one with the
drier that I use when painting- but I don't think it is necessary when
pumping tires or occasional nailing.

Is there a good brand of regulator, or are they all POS?

They've got a couple of models at Harbor Freight for $4.99. Others, with
dryers and so forth cost a bit more.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

I've had a cheap Harbor freight air compressor for a few years & it
has paid for itself. So when the regulator stripped out, I went
to the blue borg and bought a replacement off their rack.

But that damn thing leaks right out of the box!

Well, now. . . don't I feel stupid. I know folks in this group are
too polite or shy to say anything, but a "Hey DF . .. " is in order
here.

Regulators are not [always?] 2-way. I looked on this one for an
arrow, but didn't see it. Should have put my glasses on first, I
guess, or stepped out of the garage into the sun.

Reading on Mcmaster about the 'relieving feature' I wondered if I
might have installed the thing bass-ackwards. Sure enough- there
is an arrow, and it apparently indicates the direction of air flow,
not "this way to compressor".

Thanks Ed & HB--- [and probably SteveB who thought about it being
backwards but was just too nice to say anything.g]

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
Should have put my glasses on first, I
guess, or stepped out of the garage into the sun.

Acceptable excuse, especially if you are over 50.

Instal air compressor regulator in a tight spot Jon Danniken[_2_] Metalworking 13 June 21st 09 12:17 AM
Volume regulator/compressor/expander Garberstreet Electronics Electronic Schematics 0 April 5th 09 04:10 PM
Pancake compressor regulator valve question SBH Home Repair 2 November 28th 07 06:51 PM
BBQ LP Regulator..? Oren Home Repair 51 July 7th 07 08:00 PM
Inline filter/regulator for PC compressor Dave Woodworking 2 September 20th 06 12:48 AM