Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Conduit

Can one of you code book guys tell me if it is required by code to put
single wires in conduit? I am putting a sub panel in a building and want to
know if it is required to put the three #2 wires which will be feeding it in
conduit from the originating circuit breaker panel, across the top of the
building to where it enters the underground conduit to the next building?

Thanks,

Roanin

Posted to alt.home.repair

Can one of you code book guys tell me if it is required by code to put
single wires in conduit? I am putting a sub panel in a building and want
to know if it is required to put the three #2 wires which will be feeding
it in conduit from the originating circuit breaker panel, across the top
of the building to where it enters the underground conduit to the next
building?

*Single conductors that are not in a cable must be in conduit. Going over a
roof requires that you make allowances for temperature as well as expansion
and contraction of the conduit. A grounding conductor may also be needed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"John Grabowski" wrote in message

Can one of you code book guys tell me if it is required by code to put
single wires in conduit? I am putting a sub panel in a building and want
to know if it is required to put the three #2 wires which will be feeding
it in conduit from the originating circuit breaker panel, across the top
of the building to where it enters the underground conduit to the next
building?

*Single conductors that are not in a cable must be in conduit. Going over
a roof requires that you make allowances for temperature as well as
expansion and contraction of the conduit. A grounding conductor may also
be needed.

Thanks John, that's what I thought.

6mm^2 T&E in conduit Fred UK diy 22 April 14th 08 03:16 AM
6 AWG with no conduit OK? xgtfour Home Repair 9 January 13th 07 04:31 AM
Blocked Conduit - Need to See in 3/4" Conduit - Fibre optic Camera? Scott Townsend Home Repair 15 October 15th 06 06:35 PM
Conduit - PVC or EMT Steve DeMars Woodworking 16 February 8th 06 02:52 AM
conduit BigWallop UK diy 3 June 15th 05 12:46 AM