Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Conduit

Can one of you code book guys tell me if it is required by code to put
single wires in conduit? I am putting a sub panel in a building and want
to know if it is required to put the three #2 wires which will be feeding
it in conduit from the originating circuit breaker panel, across the top
of the building to where it enters the underground conduit to the next
building?

*Single conductors that are not in a cable must be in conduit. Going over a
roof requires that you make allowances for temperature as well as expansion
and contraction of the conduit. A grounding conductor may also be needed.