DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Conduit (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/282877-conduit.html)

ROANIN July 22nd 09 02:07 AM

Conduit

Can one of you code book guys tell me if it is required by code to put
single wires in conduit? I am putting a sub panel in a building and want to
know if it is required to put the three #2 wires which will be feeding it in
conduit from the originating circuit breaker panel, across the top of the
building to where it enters the underground conduit to the next building?

Thanks,

Roanin

John Grabowski July 22nd 09 12:01 PM

Conduit

Can one of you code book guys tell me if it is required by code to put
single wires in conduit? I am putting a sub panel in a building and want
to know if it is required to put the three #2 wires which will be feeding
it in conduit from the originating circuit breaker panel, across the top
of the building to where it enters the underground conduit to the next
building?

*Single conductors that are not in a cable must be in conduit. Going over a
roof requires that you make allowances for temperature as well as expansion
and contraction of the conduit. A grounding conductor may also be needed.

ROANIN[_2_] July 23rd 09 07:12 AM

Conduit

"John Grabowski" wrote in message

Can one of you code book guys tell me if it is required by code to put
single wires in conduit? I am putting a sub panel in a building and want
to know if it is required to put the three #2 wires which will be feeding
it in conduit from the originating circuit breaker panel, across the top
of the building to where it enters the underground conduit to the next
building?

*Single conductors that are not in a cable must be in conduit. Going over
a roof requires that you make allowances for temperature as well as
expansion and contraction of the conduit. A grounding conductor may also
be needed.

Thanks John, that's what I thought.