Posted to alt.bitterness,alt.home.repair

Default Gotta Start Killing Squirrels -- Hate To Do It

Personally planted 1,000 trees during the 60s-70s, and had 300 of them
cut down with stumps ground 2005-6. The trees that were cut were
chipped and the shavings shoveled via bulldozers but kept on the
property to serve as a reservoir of mulch.

The ground stumps eventually rot and sink below ground level even if
you heap them. You have to regularly add filler (from mulch
reservoir) until the ground shavings and roots rot completely.
Otherwise, you have craters that are hard on garden tractors -- and
ankles.

Squirrels see these stump sites and assume that their walnuts and
acorns are buried there. So they dig, removing the filler. You
cannot replace the total amt. of filler they dig up by mere raking, so
it's necessary to haul out the cart and bring up more filler from the
mulch reservoir.

It's bad enough having to fight woodchucks -- killed six so far this
year -- who burrow along the row of wild mulberry and cherry trees
that define the east side property line, now it's war with the gray
squirrel.
Posted to alt.bitterness,alt.home.repair

now it's war with the gray
squirrel.

I once heard of a guy who had problems with squirrels climbing up his
bird feeder pole and eating all of the bird seed. He installed a
switch inside the house and ran a wire out to the pole. When ever he
saw the squirrel on the pole he would throw the switch. Maybe you
could do something similar.

Good Luck,

Posted to alt.bitterness,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 16:08:39 GMT, (Jack) wrote:

now it's war with the gray
squirrel.

Simmered squirrel (black skillet), brown gravy and biscuits.
Posted to alt.bitterness,alt.home.repair

Simmered squirrel (black skillet), brown gravy and biscuits.

Simmered tree rat doesn't sound good to me... but the biscuits and
gravy do...
Posted to alt.bitterness,alt.home.repair

The squirrels learn that any motion within the window means
to jump off the feeder. DAMHIKT.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"JimmyDahGeek" wrote in message
now it's war with the gray
squirrel.

I once heard of a guy who had problems with squirrels
climbing up his
bird feeder pole and eating all of the bird seed. He
installed a
switch inside the house and ran a wire out to the pole.
When ever he
saw the squirrel on the pole he would throw the switch.
Maybe you
could do something similar.

Good Luck,

Posted to alt.bitterness,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 17:24:59 -0700, JimmyDahGeek wrote:

Simmered squirrel (black skillet), brown gravy and biscuits.

Simmered tree rat doesn't sound good to me... but the biscuits and gravy
do...

You're missing out. I would put properly prepared squirrel (if not too
old as they are tough) in my top 5 favorite dishes.
Posted to alt.bitterness,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 02:00:58 +0000, Rick Brandt wrote:

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 17:24:59 -0700, JimmyDahGeek wrote:

Simmered squirrel (black skillet), brown gravy and biscuits.

Simmered tree rat doesn't sound good to me... but the biscuits and gravy
do...

You're missing out. I would put properly prepared squirrel (if not too
old as they are tough) in my top 5 favorite dishes.

Damn near as good as young fried cat.

Posted to alt.bitterness,alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:
On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 16:08:39 GMT, (Jack) wrote:

now it's war with the gray
squirrel.

Simmered squirrel (black skillet), brown gravy and biscuits.

http://www.patchwork-pate.co.uk/prod...cat=258&page=1

Posted to alt.bitterness,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 02:00:58 GMT, Rick Brandt
wrote:

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 17:24:59 -0700, JimmyDahGeek wrote:

Simmered squirrel (black skillet), brown gravy and biscuits.

Simmered tree rat doesn't sound good to me... but the biscuits and gravy
do...

You're missing out. I would put properly prepared squirrel (if not too
old as they are tough) in my top 5 favorite dishes.

"A woman is arrested for cultivating marijuana. Among the items seized
as evidence are 40 frozen squirrels found in the woman's freezer. In
addition to the drug charges, authorities cite the woman for exceeding
the statutory limit for dead squirrels in her freezer (Source: Fresno
Bee)."

"A man was arrested after an altercation with his wife. During the
melee, he assaulted her with a frozen squirrel obtained from the
couple's freezer. Police were at a loss to explain the presence of the
frozen squirrel (Source: News of the Weird Online)."

"A schoolbus ran off the road, injuring 20, when a frozen squirrel hit
the windshield. The bus driver reported that a car, with a frozen
squirrel embedded in snow on the vehicle's roof, passed the bus
moments before the accident (Source: USA Today)."

**So, what have we learned from all this? Three important things:
freeze too many skwerls, you may go to jail; 2) frozen skwerls make
good weapons; and 3) securely tie your frozen skwerls to the roof of
your car before taking to the road...

http://www.scarysquirrel.org/special/frozen/

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

And I've been using frozen cat pushsticks all this time. Squirrels
are more plentifyl, maybe it is time for a change.

I'm amazed I have not been arrested yet. There are over 6,000 laws I
need to learn about. sigh

Posted to alt.bitterness,alt.home.repair

Clot wrote:
Oren wrote:
On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 16:08:39 GMT, (Jack) wrote:

now it's war with the gray
squirrel.

Simmered squirrel (black skillet), brown gravy and biscuits.

http://www.patchwork-pate.co.uk/prod...cat=258&page=1

I wasn't pushing this company but suggesting an alternative good way to
enjoy squirrels!