Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can asphalt be painted?

I am considering having my driveway redone and widened in asphalt.
Could it be painted to give it a different look? If so, what would be
the best thing to use? I'm in S. Florida.

Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I am considering having my driveway redone and widened in asphalt.
Could it be painted to give it a different look? If so, what would be
the best thing to use? I'm in S. Florida.

Thanks.

When you say "redone", do you mean the old driveway will be ripped out and
completely replaced with new material?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On May 25, 9:37*am, wrote:
I am considering having my driveway redone and widened in asphalt.
Could it be painted to give it a different look? If so, what would be
the best thing to use? *I'm in S. Florida.

Thanks.

Every day you drive over roads with lane markers, right? So call your
local highway department and ask them for the name/supplier of the
marker paint that they use. If the maker has nothing but white or
yellow, some full service paint stores will have dry pigment that
could be added to the paint. May be a bit of trouble to get what you
want, but none of your neighbors will have anything like it. Post the
results here if you decide to try it.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 25, 10:37*am, wrote:
I am considering having my driveway redone and widened in asphalt.
Could it be painted to give it a different look? If so, what would be
the best thing to use? *I'm in S. Florida.

For the cost and maintenance issues, stained and/or patterned concrete
would probably be a better choice. Make some calls and let the prices
do the talking.

You will get a "Huh?!" when you ask about painting an asphalt
driveway.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 25, 10:51*am, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

When you say "redone", do you mean the old driveway will be ripped out and
completely replaced with new material?

Ripped out and replaced.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 25, 11:02*am, RicodJour wrote:

You will get a "Huh?!" when you ask about painting an asphalt
driveway.

I think I just did...
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

When you say "redone", do you mean the old driveway will be ripped out and
completely replaced with new material?

Ripped out and replaced.

===========

In that case, do what someone else suggested and get some ideas & proposals
for concrete or other materials.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Joe wrote in news:e80da998-8fc4-4d7f-aa7c-c1164000cfd3
@g20g2000vba.googlegroups.com:

On May 25, 9:37*am, wrote:
I am considering having my driveway redone and widened in asphalt.
Could it be painted to give it a different look? If so, what would be
the best thing to use? *I'm in S. Florida.

Thanks.

Every day you drive over roads with lane markers, right? So call your
local highway department and ask them for the name/supplier of the
marker paint that they use. If the maker has nothing but white or
yellow, some full service paint stores will have dry pigment that
could be added to the paint. May be a bit of trouble to get what you
want, but none of your neighbors will have anything like it. Post the
results here if you decide to try it.

Joe

....or Google Traffic Paint. You outta be able to get something out of the
5.1M hits.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 25, 10:37�am, wrote:
I am considering having my driveway redone and widened in asphalt.
Could it be painted to give it a different look? If so, what would be
the best thing to use? �I'm in S. Florida.

Thanks.

Dark colors last longer......

cause theres more asphalt in it

white or opff white concrete will require little or no maintence
Posted to alt.home.repair

I only got 1.3 million hits on Google with traffic paint, but if you put try
"traffic paint" (in quotes) you get a better selection (only 56K!) with more
specifics to actually painting traffic areas.

On May 25, 9:37 am, wrote:
I am considering having my driveway redone and widened in asphalt.
Could it be painted to give it a different look? If so, what would be
the best thing to use? I'm in S. Florida.

Thanks.

Every day you drive over roads with lane markers, right? So call your
local highway department and ask them for the name/supplier of the
marker paint that they use. If the maker has nothing but white or
yellow, some full service paint stores will have dry pigment that
could be added to the paint. May be a bit of trouble to get what you
want, but none of your neighbors will have anything like it. Post the
results here if you decide to try it.

Joe

...or Google Traffic Paint. You outta be able to get something out of the
5.1M hits.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 May 2009 13:50:39 -0500, The Daring Dufas

I am considering having my driveway redone and widened in asphalt.
Could it be painted to give it a different look? If so, what would be
the best thing to use? I'm in S. Florida.

Thanks.

We have a crazy mayor who had the streets dept paint
some of our city streets "red". Next, that idiot will
have fuzzy dice hanging from traffic signals.

TDD

Depending on the aggregate used and a few other things, asphalt can
run from grey through green, and red to black.

Also, you CAN get coloured aspha

Google asphacolor..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 25, 11:21�pm, aemeijers wrote:
wrote:
On Mon, 25 May 2009 13:50:39 -0500, The Daring Dufas

I am considering having my driveway redone and widened in asphalt.
Could it be painted to give it a different look? If so, what would be
the best thing to use? �I'm in S. Florida.

Thanks.
We have a crazy mayor who had the streets dept paint
some of our city streets "red". Next, that idiot will
have fuzzy dice hanging from traffic signals.

TDD

�Depending on the aggregate used and a few other things, asphalt can
run from grey through green, and red to black.

Also, you CAN get coloured aspha

Google asphacolor..

CAN you paint it. Sure. SHOULD you paint it? Usually not. Upkeep
headache, and if there is any slope or a stop required, traction
problems in cold and wet weather. (Though not as bad as with those
peel-and-stick stripes some street departments use at intersections.
Even my wimpy minivan chirps the tires coming off of those, in damp
weather.)

--
aem sends...- Hide quoted text -

besides hot tires will destroy paint they sit on after long ride, just
check peoples homes with painted garage floors

and slippery when wet yes.......

painting asphalt is a bad idea

Recycled Asphalt APV Home Ownership 1 August 1st 07 12:16 PM
Removing asphalt [email protected] Home Repair 4 February 1st 07 08:00 PM
recycled asphalt Chuck B. Home Repair 7 August 11th 05 10:21 PM
Asphalt siding Philip Lewis Home Repair 0 September 14th 04 01:21 PM
Asphalt Driveway PHroGman Home Repair 2 March 22nd 04 07:00 PM