Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Can asphalt be painted?

wrote:
On Mon, 25 May 2009 13:50:39 -0500, The Daring Dufas

I am considering having my driveway redone and widened in asphalt.
Could it be painted to give it a different look? If so, what would be
the best thing to use? I'm in S. Florida.

Thanks.

We have a crazy mayor who had the streets dept paint
some of our city streets "red". Next, that idiot will
have fuzzy dice hanging from traffic signals.

TDD

Depending on the aggregate used and a few other things, asphalt can
run from grey through green, and red to black.

Also, you CAN get coloured aspha

Google asphacolor..

CAN you paint it. Sure. SHOULD you paint it? Usually not. Upkeep
headache, and if there is any slope or a stop required, traction
problems in cold and wet weather. (Though not as bad as with those
peel-and-stick stripes some street departments use at intersections.
Even my wimpy minivan chirps the tires coming off of those, in damp
weather.)

--
aem sends...