Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sprinkler Advice

Hey All,

I am in need of your help once again. I have a 38 year old house with
a 10 zone sprinkler system. Most of the heads were corroded copper
ones that I assume to be 30+ years old. I started swapping them out
with Orbit 4" popups from HD/Lowes. The problem is my sprinkler
system does not have head to head coverage but does reach the entire
perimeter. The old copper sprinklers diffuesed the water so even at
max opening, the water soaked the gound from 2" up to 10' from the
head. These new Orbit sprinklers soak the ground at 10 feet but it's
dry from 0-6 feet from the sprinkler. I talked to Orbit tech support
and they said I needed head to head coverage. Does anyone make a
reasonable cost popup sprinkler that diffuses the water from say 0-12
feet? I have googles and googled and am wits end. I got my system
working and hate to have to rip it all out or double the amount of
heads to get proper coverage.

TIA,

Derek

Sprinkler Value Box Znott Home Repair 5 December 7th 08 06:59 PM
Sprinkler box? Znott Home Repair 1 December 1st 08 02:34 PM
Advice needed: hooking up sprinkler system to water service line. [email protected] Home Repair 0 October 15th 07 07:00 AM
Inground Sprinkler Advice Needed [email protected] Home Repair 8 July 23rd 07 08:58 PM
Installing sprinkler to an existing sprinkler system. MOEE Home Ownership 1 September 14th 06 09:53 PM