Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What brand drill was used for this?

http://news.aol.com/health/article/h...ves-boy/491045
OK, it was a moot question.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
willshak wrote:

http://news.aol.com/health/article/h...ves-boy/491045
OK, it was a moot question.

Hmm, reminds me of something that happened when I was a teenager ... Big
family Thanksgiving dinner. Junior chokes on a turkey bone and can't
breathe. Grandpa, a surgeon, does a tracheotomy on the dining room table
with a steak knife, no anesthesia. (Too bad the Heimlich Maneuver hadn't
been developed back then.)
Posted to alt.home.repair

"willshak" wrote in message
m...
http://news.aol.com/health/article/h...ves-boy/491045
OK, it was a moot question.

It pays to keep the battery charged at all times. I have to wonder what
size bit he used.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 20, 10:24*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"willshak" wrote in message

http://news.aol.com/health/article/h...ves-boy/491045
OK, it was a moot question.

It pays to keep the battery charged at all times. * I have to wonder what
size bit he used.

I wonder what type of bit. I'd like an original pattern Forstner. A
spade bit seems a little bit sketchy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

willshak wrote in
m:

http://news.aol.com/health/article/h...ves-boy/491045
OK, it was a moot question.

Dewalt XRP

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

"willshak" wrote in message
m...
http://news.aol.com/health/article/h...ves-boy/491045
OK, it was a moot question.

It pays to keep the battery charged at all times. I have to wonder
what size bit he used.

Here it is in the drill. You judge. Wasn't an 1/8" !!

http://tinypic.com/r/b6qcqt/5
Posted to alt.home.repair

Probably sterilized the drill bit with alcohol or iodine. Maybe if
paramedics had a simple drill handly, they could've saved Natasha Richardson
and others with rapid brain swelling. Just like having emergency
defibrillators ready-to-go in public places. Seems like a basic, useful
emergency procedure for those adequately trained to recognize obvious signs
of brain swelling when there's not enough time to get to the hospital.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

"willshak" wrote in message
m...
http://news.aol.com/health/article/h...ves-boy/491045
OK, it was a moot question.

It pays to keep the battery charged at all times. I have to wonder
what size bit he used.

Here it is in the drill. You judge. Wasn't an 1/8" !!

http://tinypic.com/r/b6qcqt/5

'Course not. Australia uses metric. Had they used a 1/8" bit, the boy would
grow up wearing dresses or experience some other evil result. They also had
to drill on the wrong side of the head.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 21, 8:01*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Red Green wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

"willshak" wrote in message
news:NbadndXk2pCREInXnZ2dnUVZ_uGdnZ2d@supernews. com...
http://news.aol.com/health/article/h...ves-boy/491045
OK, it was a moot question.

It pays to keep the battery charged at all times. * I have to wonder
what size bit he used.

Here it is in the drill. You judge. Wasn't an 1/8" !!

http://tinypic.com/r/b6qcqt/5

'Course not. Australia uses metric. Had they used a 1/8" bit, the boy would
grow up wearing dresses or experience some other evil result. They also had
to drill on the wrong side of the head.

And they needed a left-handed drill bit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 20 May 2009 22:37:39 -0500, Red Green
wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

"willshak" wrote in message
m...
http://news.aol.com/health/article/h...ves-boy/491045
OK, it was a moot question.

It pays to keep the battery charged at all times. I have to wonder
what size bit he used.

Here it is in the drill. You judge. Wasn't an 1/8" !!

http://tinypic.com/r/b6qcqt/5

Put the picture some place that DOESN'T require client-side scripts to
be enabled.

This is a security risk.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Red Green" wrote:
Here it is in the drill. You judge. Wasn't an 1/8" !!

http://tinypic.com/r/b6qcqt/5

Looks like stock photo to me. Doubtful it's the actual one or even the same
make/model/bit as the unit actually used.

Unless you have some corroborating information.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 21 May 2009 08:11:45 -0700, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

"Red Green" wrote:
Here it is in the drill. You judge. Wasn't an 1/8" !!

http://tinypic.com/r/b6qcqt/5

Looks like stock photo to me. Doubtful it's the actual one or even the same
make/model/bit as the unit actually used.

Unless you have some corroborating information.

I don't- but note that it appears to be the same drill & bit shown on
one of the morning news shows- but from a different angle.

you could tell it was a Dewalt on the show I saw.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jon Danniken" wrote in
:

"Red Green" wrote:
Here it is in the drill. You judge. Wasn't an 1/8" !!

http://tinypic.com/r/b6qcqt/5

Looks like stock photo to me. Doubtful it's the actual one or even
the same make/model/bit as the unit actually used.

Unless you have some corroborating information.

Jon

Just screen captures from the web news vid. For some chit-chat posting, I
don't think I need "corroborating information". It's the Internet.
Cooroborate Internet stuff with other Internet stuff? I mean how do I know
you really posted what I'm replying to? How do you know I'm really posting
this?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Gary H wrote in
:

On Wed, 20 May 2009 22:37:39 -0500, Red Green
wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
m:

"willshak" wrote in message
m...
http://news.aol.com/health/article/h...ves-boy/491045
OK, it was a moot question.

It pays to keep the battery charged at all times. I have to wonder
what size bit he used.

Here it is in the drill. You judge. Wasn't an 1/8" !!

http://tinypic.com/r/b6qcqt/5

Put the picture some place that DOESN'T require client-side scripts to
be enabled.

This is a security risk.

Booting up a PC right out of the box is a security risk. Take a chance.
Live a little.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 21 May 2009 22:01:01 -0500, Red Green
wrote:

Gary H wrote in
:

On Wed, 20 May 2009 22:37:39 -0500, Red Green
wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

"willshak" wrote in message
m...
http://news.aol.com/health/article/h...ves-boy/491045
OK, it was a moot question.

It pays to keep the battery charged at all times. I have to wonder
what size bit he used.

Here it is in the drill. You judge. Wasn't an 1/8" !!

http://tinypic.com/r/b6qcqt/5

Put the picture some place that DOESN'T require client-side scripts to
be enabled.

This is a security risk.

Booting up a PC right out of the box is a security risk.

You're unable to take any reasonable security measures? You can't use
a router. You can't install security updates before connecting it to
the internet. You must use Windows with those poor (insecure) defaults
for some settings. You must open all executable email attachments. You
have to allow all websites to do anything they want on your
computer...

Take a chance.
Live a little.

I've "lived a little" long ago. Now I want to live a lot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Gary H wrote in
:

On Thu, 21 May 2009 22:01:01 -0500, Red Green
wrote:

Gary H wrote in
m:

On Wed, 20 May 2009 22:37:39 -0500, Red Green
wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
m:

"willshak" wrote in message
m...
http://news.aol.com/health/article/h...aves-boy/49104
5 OK, it was a moot question.

[...]

Am I supposed to get into some discussion about other OS's vs Windows or
something? Don't thay have NG's where people like to do that kind of
stuff because I really don't give a rat's ass. Crimus, an expired HF
catalog is more exciting.