Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cutting Bathroom Vanity Top

I need to cut about 3 inches from a BORG vanity top to reduce the width. I
found this link on one way to do it, and was wondering if this will work or
someone has a better way?

I don't really want to invest in some sort of masonry saw.

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/arch...hp/t-3773.html

Thanks for any advice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 15, 6:48*am, "Perry Aynum" wrote:
I need to cut about 3 inches from a BORG vanity top to reduce the width. *I
found this link on one way to do it, and was wondering if this will work or
someone has a better way?

I don't really want to invest in some sort of masonry saw.

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/arch...hp/t-3773.html

Thanks for any advice.

Can't give advice as I don't understand the situation.

What material is it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for any advice.

Can't give advice as I don't understand the situation.

What material is it?

It is the cultured marble stuff that you buy off the shelf. As I understand
it, it is really an epoxy or acrylic resin.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Perry Aynum wrote:

Thanks for any advice.

Can't give advice as I don't understand the situation.

What material is it?

It is the cultured marble stuff that you buy off the shelf. As I
understand it, it is really an epoxy or acrylic resin.

You could use his method. I'd use a diamond blade on a small 4" angle
grinder. Ive also used a router with a carbide bit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Perry Aynum" wrote in message
I need to cut about 3 inches from a BORG vanity top to reduce the width. I
found this link on one way to do it, and was wondering if this will work or
someone has a better way?

I don't really want to invest in some sort of masonry saw.

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/arch...hp/t-3773.html

Thanks for any advice.

Just cut a vanity top about 4 months ago. 48" cultured marble 3/4 inches
too wide. Harbor Freight diamond blade for the circular saw (about $6 on
sale) did an easy job of it. I did clamp a straight edge to the bottom of
the vanity and put masking tape on the top to minimize chipping. Wife stood
by with a small dribble of water from the garden hose. Turned out
absolutely professional looking.

Ivan Vegvary

Cutting Marble Vanity Top BobR Home Repair 9 May 12th 07 06:47 PM
Bathroom Vanity - Done! Teamcasa Woodworking 7 April 20th 06 04:30 PM
Bathroom vanity Teamcasa Woodworking 7 September 13th 05 09:35 PM
Bathroom Vanity Rob V Woodworking 0 June 10th 05 05:26 PM
Cutting tile to fit new tub and vanity Jag Man Home Repair 3 February 10th 05 03:20 AM